Chapter 14

One of the nurses made you go to your room and get some sleep after waiting for Poe to wake up for who knows how long. As you walked back to your room, BB-8 joined you. "Hey buddy," you said quietly, kneeling down next to the droid. "You're worried about Poe too, aren't you?" The droid beeped sadly. "Come on, you can spend the night in my room. I probably won't get any sleep anyways," you said, heading toward your room.

You were right. You only got about two hours of sleep. Your worrying was keeping you awake. So you sat on the floor, talking to BB-8 most of night.

The next morning you were excused from drills and runs that the squadron was doing. You just spent the day helping out a round the base, and by that, you meant spend all day in the infirmary. Poe had woken up last night for a while longer than he normally did but went back to sleep.

You had you head on his chest again, gently holding his hand. "Poe...please wake up. I miss you," you said quietly. But there was still no answer. You started to cry again. You missed him and wanted him back. You wanted him to wrap his arms around you, letting you know you were alright and everything was going to be okay. But that was it, everything was not okay.

A nurse walked in a few hours later. "(Y/N), you look like hell. Go get some sleep," she said quietly, sitting next to you. "I would Eliza but I don't want to leave him," you said, looking at her. Eliza sighed and hugged you. "I understand that you love him, but you need to care for yourself," she continued. You nodded and slowly stood up, kissing Poe's forehead before heading to the door.

As you walked away from the infirmary, someone started calling your name. "Hey (Y/N)! You can get sleep later, Poe's awake," Eliza said loudly. You ran back into the room and sat beside Poe. "Hey beautiful," he said hoarsely. A tear ran down your cheek. "Hey handsome," you said back as you held his hand, a wide smile on your face.

"How are you feeling," you asked. "Groggy, really tired, still somewhat cold. Nothing I can't handle," he said, looking up at you. "Alright Mr. Tough Guy. You almost died. Don't do that ever again," you said with a chuckle. "I'm not going to die. You need me too much," he teased. You laughed and kissed his cheek. "You're right about that," you said.

"What's with all the love darling," Poe asked with a chuckle. "Do you not remember," you asked quickly. "Yesterday was a blur for me. I just remember a lot, and I mean a lot, of snow," he explained. "Oh...," you answered. "Did something happen? What did I miss this time," he asked as he tried to sit up. "It was nothing, don't worry about it," you said quietly. "And lay back down. I don't want you hurting yourself."

Poe sighed and laid down. "(Y/N), what happened yesterday," he asked. "What do I not remember?" You sighed. "It's nothing, just something you said. Don't worry about it," you said quietly. Poe gave you a concerted look. "How did I end up with your jacket again, stupid," you asked with a chuckle. "Didn't I give it to you when you were trying to fix your X-wing," he asked. "I gave it back to you because you were freezing," you argued. "Well at least we know how much you remember..."