Chapter 7

You had been training with Poe for a few weeks and he finally decided it was time for you to fly with his squadron. "You ready to run drills for the first time ever," Poe asked as he headed toward his X-wing, putting on his helmet as you walked beside him. "Not really," you answered nervously. Poe laughed and ruffled your hair. "You'll do fine," he assured you.

Poe hopped up into his X-wing. You slowly climbed the ladder before looking over at Poe. "Do I have to," you asked him. "Yes, and if you don't get in on your own, I will come over there and make you," he said in a serious tone. His smile while he was saying that made you question how serious he was but you got into your starship anyways.

You put your helmet on and Poe instructed you on what to do. You nodded and the squadron took off. "Tiger, pull up along side me," Poe ordered. "Yes sir," you said. "Hey Black Leader, is this newbie your girlfriend," one of the pilots teased. There was a bit of laugher from some of the other pilots. "No she's not, Red 2," Poe answered. "She's an old friend." You pulled up along side Poe who smiled widely at you.

You were about halfway through the drill before something started beeping. "Uh, Black Leader? Something's beeping," you said quickly. "You know what to do (Y/N). Just relax," Poe said. You sighed and looked over everything, flipping a few switches before the beeping finally stopped. "Fixed it," you said with a sigh. "Told you you could do it," Poe chuckled.

"Hey Poe, the girl might be almost as good of a pilot as you are," the other pilot, Red 2, joked. "Well I did train her," Poe said, looking over at you and winking. "Ready to head back in?" There was a chorus of yeahs and Poe starting instructing you on what to do.

When you landed, you slowly got out of your X-wing. Poe came running over to you and hugged you tightly when you reached the ground. "You did great," he said happily as you hugged him back. "Really? You two aren't dating," a voice asked. You turned to see Red 2. "Alex, get outta here," Poe said with a chuckle. Alex shrugged and walked away. Poe looked down at you and chuckled. "He's always like that," he said, somewhat apologetically. "I don't mind it. You were like that at one point too," you teased him.

BB-8 came over and kept rolling into your leg, trying to get your attention. "What is it buddy," you asked, kneeling down. The droid started beeping. "Oh it's a secret, I see," you said. "Poe, BB-8 said go away for a minute." Poe gave BB-8 an joking annoyed look before walking away. BB-8 rolled over to you and started beeping, telling you something. 

Poe came back over and you stood up. "What'd he say to you," he asked quietly. "He told me that you're an idiot. Nothing I didn't already know," you teased, starting to walk away. "You little brat," Poe laughed, wrapping his arm around your waist to stop you from walking away. "Let me goooo," you whined as Poe pulled you back over to him.

"We're not going anywhere till you tell me what my droid said to you," he laughed. You chuckled. "We're not going anywhere for a while then. I promised BB-8 I'd keep it a secret," you explained. "Now let me go." Poe sighed and let go of your waist. He looked at BB-8 and sighed. "You and your stupid secrets," he said, nudging the droid with his foot. "Be nice to BB-8," you said as you went back to your room.