Chapter 10

You woke up the next morning, still incredibly tired. You quickly sat up and looked around, spotting your dress from last night. It wasn't a dream. You got out of bed and changed into your flight suit before heading out to the runway.

You quickly walked over to Poe's orange and black X-wing. BB-8 was rolling around it, beeping wildly. "Hey buddy, where's Poe," you asked. BB-8 beeped and headed back into the base. You followed behind it and the droid stopped outside of Poe's room.

You knocked on the door. There was a shuffling on the other side of the door and a few minutes later, the door opened. Poe stood in the doorway wearing a pair of flannel pants and no shirt. "We have drills this morning don't we," he asked quickly. You chuckled and nodded. "Damn. Hold on," he said, closing the door.

He came out a few minutes later in his flight suit. "Let's go," he said, grabbing your arm and dragging you down the hallway. BB-8 trailed behind you two. Poe let go of you once you got to the runway and shoved you toward your ship.

You put your helmet on and hopped into your ship. The squadron took off and started the usual drills. When the squadron landed, Poe came over to your X-wing, his helmet still on. "Hello Tiger," he said with a smile. "Hello idiot," you said with a chuckle.

"You wanna take a walk," he asked, leaning against the starship. "Sure," you said, holding your hand out to him. He took his helmet off and took your hand. You smiled and you two headed through a trail in the woods.

"So... Why are we out here," you asked, looking up at the brown-haired pilot. "I just thought it would be nice to get away from the commotion at the base. Even on a good day, it's chaotic," he explained. "And I wanted to spend some time with my best friend. We haven't seen each other in years." You smiled softly and looked at the ground.

Poe reached out and gently held your hand. You interlocked your fingers with his and blushed a little. The two of you walked for a while longer before heading back to the base, still hand in hand.