Chapter 1

Everything was a bit of a blur for you: soldiers in Rebellion uniforms, being dragged to a star ship. Next thing you knew, you were standing in front of the Rebellion leader, General Leia Organa. "What was a young woman like you doing as a prisoner on a First Order ship," Leia asked you. You squinted a bit. After being locked in the cell for as long as you were, the sunlight hurt your eyes.

"I was on Malastare when the Order took it over. I was found being a Rebellion supporter and was taken as a prisoner," you explained quietly. Leia nodded. "You're safe now. Welcome to the Rebellion base on D'Qar," she said with a smile. "I'll take it that you'll want to go home now that the First Order is no more?" You shook my head. "No actually. I would like to join the Rebellion, I mean, if you still need recruits," you said with a small smile.

Leia looked a bit shocked. "Do you have any experience to go off of or will we have to start with the basics," she asked with a grin. You had done it. You had finally joined the Rebellion. "I know a bit about flying. An old friend on Yavin 4 taught me how," you said. Leia smiled as the other people on the runway started cheering. An X-wing landed and a man popped out of the top, throwing his arms up in the air.

"We did it! We won," the man yelled. The cheering erupted again. He hopped out of the X-wing and took off his helmet as he headed toward you and Leia. As he got closer, you noticed how familiar the man looked. "That our best pilot, Poe Dameron," Leia explained. Your eyes widened. "That's the man who taught me to fly," I said to her.

It had been a long time since you last saw him. Poe saw you and stopped dead in his tracks. "(Y/N)," he asked. "Poe," you answered. He dropped his helmet and ran over to you, picking you up and spinning you around. "Long time no see, Tiger," he said with a smile. You laughed, missing the nickname. "It's nice to see you too, Dameron," you said with a grin.

He laughed and hugged you again. "It's been ages since I last saw you," he said happily. "What brings you here?" You smiled, suddenly feeling incredibly safe at the base. "I was taken by the First Order about a month ago. One of the Resistance soldiers found me and brought me here," you explained. Poe smiled. "I'm glad you made it out safe," he said. "Now come on, I'll take you home." He grabbed your hand and started to head towards his X-wing. "Poe! I'm going to be a pilot like you," you said. Poe let go of your hand and stared at you.

"Nope. Nuh-uh. No can do. It's too dangerous out there for you, little missy," he said, grabbing your hand again and dragging you to his ship. When he got to his X-wing, he started up the ladder. When he got close to the top, he looked down at you. "You joined the Rebellion," he asked. You sighed and chuckled. "Dameron, we just went over this," you said, crossing your arms and looking up at him. He climbed back down. "Damn. You're growing up," he sighed.

"You're two years old than me," you argued. "Woah there, Tiger. No need to get all defensive," Poe said with a laugh. "You look old." You punched his arm at that comment. "I mean, not everyone can age as well as me," he continued as he headed toward the base. You laughed. "You seem about late 30s," you teased. You couldn't lie. He was attractive. His warm brown eyes, his brown hair, his amazing smile. Everything about him was incredible.

Poe gasped. "How could you say that," he asked. "I was just messin' with ya, Dameron," you laughed. "You still look as young as you did when we would play Rebels." He chuckled and patted your back. "Glad to see you grew into the jacket," he said, looking at your leather jacket. "I told you it'll look good when we're standing at D'Qar together." You blushed a little. "But only one of us is the best pilot in the Rebellion," you said. Poe looked at you and smirked. "I can change that."

This chapter is longer than I usually write but this is what I what I was working on while I was writing my Kylo Ren reader insert. I hope you guys like this!