I hate to admit that his story was funny and I did smile but from the look on his face, I could tell he was trying to make me laugh. I was almost done eating when I made the mistake of looking across the restaurant. My stomach began to turn and I felt like I was going to throw up the burger I ate.

Why did he have to be here? Why now? Now I really felt like crying and this time I couldn't hold in. I shot up from my seat and took off running towards the back of the restaurant where the bathroom was located. I locked the door and pressed my back against it and began to cry. My legs felt weak so I slid down the door to sit on the floor.

I couldn't believe he was here. Now that I thought about it, I realized he didn't show up at the funeral. I don't understand why he didn't show up. He knew Carrie and he was her neighbor. His parents went to the ceremony. The worst part of this situation was he was here with her.

I crawled over to the toilet and threw up my hamburger and milkshake and everything else I had eaten earlier today, which wasn't much. Slowly I got up from the floor and looked at myself in the mirror, thinking I would find someone else staring back at me. But I was still the same girl. Dark brown hair that almost looked black. Brown eyes that looked hallow and empty. Cheeks that were pink from all the crying I did. My make up, of course, was smeared. I tried to fix it with some toilet paper and managed to make myself look presentable in public.

Alright. Now it was time for me to face him. I opened the door and found Logan standing in front of me with his fist in a ball and in the air. He brought his hand down to his side and stared me. He seemed to be worried about me.

"I'm okay."

Logan didn't buy it. Instead he hugged me. I wanted to pull away but I felt comfortable.

"What was that all about?" he mumbled into my hair.

I took in a deep breath. Should I tell him? I mean I hardly knew him but I felt like I could trust him.

"The blond guy that walked in is Luke. He's my ex." It was hard for me to say this because I didn't really get over our break up and what had happened between us. "The girl he was with, her name is Kristy. That's his new girlfriend," I said pulling away from him.

Logan looked at me with sympathy in his eyes. I looked away from him and stared at the ground. I wanted to turn around and lock myself in that bathroom and not come out until Luke left. Logan knew I had no intentions of going back out there. He took my hand and began to lead me back to our table, when we ran into someone.

My stomach started turning again when I realized we had run into Luke. I have the worst luck. He looked at me the same way he use to when we were dating but there was also something in his eyes that I couldn't interpret. Guilt maybe?

"Hi, Hayley," he said looking at me with warmth in his eyes.

"Hi."

Luke shifted his gaze over to Logan and glared at him. Logan didn't seem bothered by it. All he did was glare back at him.

"Who's this?" Luke asked without looking at me.

"This is Logan. He's my-" Wait, what was I suppose to say. I couldn't say he was my friend I barely knew him.

"Soon to be step brother," Logan interjected.

Luke continued to glare at Logan. Still Logan wasn't bothered by it. Usually people felt intimidated by Luke. After all he was better looking than most of they guys at our school and he knew it to. He was tall and built and if he was ever in a fight he would win within minutes. Even teachers were sometimes intimidated by him. Logan however was unaffected by him.

"Are you going to be coming back to school?" This time Luke turned his head to look at me.

"I'll be back on Wednesday."

Luke gave me a tiny smile. "Good." He began to walk away towards the bathroom. That was it? He didn't even give me a chance to ask him any questions. I pushed Logan away causing him to hit his back on the wall and I chased after Luke.I shouted hey at him and he ignored me. Before he was able to open the bathroom door I grabbed his wrist and turned him around so he could face me.

"Why weren't you at the funeral?"

"What?"

"Why didn't you show up? Carrie was your friend to."

Luke frowned. "I couldn't make it."

"You couldn't make it? Or do you mean you didn't want to make it?" I was not gonna let this ago. I needed to know why he didn't show up. I wanted answers. I hated being in the dark and not knowing what was going on around me.

"It's complicated. You wouldn't understand Hayley," he said pulling his wrist out of my grasp. He started to walk towards the bathroom again.

"Luke!"

He slammed the bathroom door. Not bothering to look at me.

________________________________________________________________________________

I just finished my second chapter so now you know a little bit about Luke and his new girlfriend. Thanks to everyone who reads this and I'm working on the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed it!