Chapter 1

Character and story rights to ThorntonCN

I'm only 13 and twelve when I started this sorry if it sucks haha

several weeks had passed since I became paralyzed in a frozen state. Stuck in my mind, being forced to watch the shadows across my loved ones faces darken everyday. Machines of all sort were jabbed left and right in my body. It made me uncomfortable looking at all the tubes and such that were keeping me alive. How long would I be stuck like this...

Mostly I was worried about my daughter. Each day she would be aloud to visit me, in a room Carlisle had set up and watch me in hopes I woke up. I didn't. Everytime she visited it looked as if she was losing more and more weight I feared her health. It seemed no one was paying attention to her. They were all focused on me, I didn't like it.

Beside her would always be my grandmother's ghost. Whispering encouraging things, trying to boost up her hopes of me returning to her, but Sophia stayed silent and sad it was as if the happy girl I knew had vanished and in her replacement was a sad stranger. I loved her and I ached to help her better but I couldn't do anything to help her.

Somtimes my grandmother would attempt to talk to me but always seemed lost for words. It was as if she was almost at loss for words as the rest of us.

"Edward, could you try prying into her mind again?" My mother asked quietly — She had always been the one most affected other then Sophia and Nicoli. She was depressed to. In my mind I reached out to her but my body stay put. Frozen. —My father had been searching my mind ever since I became paralyzed. Searching, hoping, for clues. Unfortunatly my thoughts had faded out so much he could no longer hear them. Everytime he'd look he just found the same thing. Nothing

Each night I cried myself to sleep. Even though no tears came. I soon forgot what it was like to feel simple things, feel morning dew on my arms and legs after camping outside. It made me realize how much I missed everything.

Two months had passed and everyone was beggining to lose hope. Why did this have to happen? Why me? I loved my family and friends and I always did things with good intentions. I was crying again, no bawling. Then somthing odd happend. A tear drop started to form in my eye. And as if it was in slow motion it rolled slowly down my cheek. Everyone in the room gasped. Focusing only everything and nothing all at once I started to move my fingers and toes. Oh, how I missed my toes! Trying to move my mouth and tell them how much I missed them and loved them all I was left with utter silence.

Carlisle banged the table with his fist and the wood splintered slightly.

I didn't like angry Carlisle. He always seemed angry recently

I thought about my past how I had gone to high school when I was only a few months old and had grown so much from that time. I'd met my husband and gone to college. I cringe when I remember thinking Nic had died after he saved me. That's it! His power! Now that I could move a bit maybe he could bring me back.

"NIC, NIC, NIC," I scream it's no use but I keep trying. "NIC" I scream as loud as I can. This time my mouth says it too. Shocking myself and everyone else in the room to!

My mother, father, grandpa and husband rush over to me. "Your power" I whisper to Nicholi. He thinks for a moment then his eyes widen at the realization of what I'm saying. He nods and closes his eyes.

A green blob forms in the air and he moves it towards me. The blob seeps into my chest and I feel my senses beginning to come to life again. My eyes become more fixtated and my the rest of my body feels tingly. I smile and sit up.

Faintly in the corner of the room in a chair sits my grandmother beaming at me. She opens her mouth and says "Aro". I realize what she means. Aro is the one putting Sophia in danger. I want to ask more but now is not the time. I turn to my family and they hug me.

My mother begins to sob and leads my father out to get Sophia. I turn to Nicholi. "Thank you" I whisper and rap my arms around him. "You're welcome" he breaths into my hair.

We break apart and Sophia runs in. And jumps in my arms. Her hair has grown and she's about the size of an 8 year old. "Look how big you are!" I gush and she smiles. I notice that her skin is a little more pale then usual, but don't overthink it. "I missed you mommy" Sophia sobs in my shoulder. "Mommy missed you too darling." I sooth brushing her hair behind her ears.

I turn to my father who has just re-entered the room. "It's Aro, he's the one putting Sophia in danger. I don't know how but I know he is" I think while putting down my shield my father nods and jumps to the computer. I don't suspect he'll find anything there but I say nothing.

Sophia has just run off to play with her toys and have lunch so I take this as an opportunity and pull Nicholi into another room.

"I think we should move." I blurt as soon as we're behind closed doors. "But we just moved here." Nicholi insists already defending our house.

"I know it's just whatever is coming for Sophia I want to get away from it. "Also Sophia needs to meet some kids her age". "Kids her age are in preschool" Nicholi points out. "No I mean I want to take her places maybe if we let her play somewhere like a park for an hour or so she'll be able to interact with humans better as she grows older and by the time she's in high school she'll be all set!" I say. Nicholi considers this. "Ok, but we should discuss this with the family first" he says gesturing to the other room. I nod and come out of the room. "And what about Sophia being in danger?" He asks his voice full of protection. I cringe thinking about it. We'll talk about it with everyone I say and hurry into the living room.

I explain the need for moving and how Aro is somhow going to be a danger to Sophia, everyone looks angry when I mention him. "He just can't stay out of our lives! Penelope shouts angrily. I don't blame her. If I lost my twin I'd be upset to. "So we move then?" Uncle Emmet says looking at Carlisle. I want to point out its not there house in the first place but I keep my mouth shut.

"Yes, we'll have you out by morning" Carlisle says. I smile and look at the time. It's 1:34 AM! Nicholi and I need to sleep" I say standing up and walking upstairs.

I grab Nicholi's - who is now standing beside me - hand and walk in our room. The room looks tidy and unused. I wonder if he slept very much during those two months. I look at him. He's currently looking out our window but the dark circles under his eyes are extremely visable, I guess he didn't. I run and flop on my bed child like and climb in not bothering to change out of the sweatpants and T-shirt I'm wearing.

I find myself thinking of what kind of house we'll be moving in to tommorrow before I fall asleep.

A/n comment, share, and vote pleeease! I think 1120 words for the first chapter is pretty good :P remember all rights to ThorntonCN