Rise and Shine Part 27

Start from the beginning

"Damn" Sal muttered under his breath

"A problem Salvatore?" I raised my eyebrow to him. Sal turned red and began to stutter

"I...I..I..You uh you look good" he looked ready to explode with embarrassment

"Sparrow Thorne beach goddess" I giggled striking a pose "Catch you later Sally"

I could hear the grunts of annoyance coming from each of the guys rooms as much as I love the sea wetsuits are a bitch to get on first time. You choreograph your own interpretive dance trying to get into the thing that consists of leaping in the air, pulling and swearing violently.

I made my way downstairs where my brother sat cross-legged on the table already suited up eating coco-pops from the box "APOLLO THORNE" I roared in my best Fallon voice "get your hand out of that cereal box!" Apollo didn't even flinch "Nice Try buddy, but you haven't got her ear piercing pitched roar quite yet" he hopped down off the table and motioned me towards the door "got a surprise for you little bird."

We stepped out into the morning sun I squinted my eyes to see whatever it was he was standing beside. Loki and Bartleby were leaping around my feet more excited than I was to be getting walkies on the beach. My jaw dropped when I seen my old purple kayak a little faded now but still intact "Oh my god is that Ariel?!"

Apollo nodded "the very same, poor thing hasn't been used in years, thought she deserved a day out" I threw my arms around my brother it was so sweet he kept it all these years I had racked up so many hours sailing on this thing she meant a lot to me.

Q emerged from the house pulling and tugging at the wet suit "I feel ridiculous"

"Yeah you look it too" Joe jibed coming behind him

"oh shut it Gatto I think he looks great" I teased kissing Q on the cheek he smiled and wrapped his arms tight around me burying his face into my hair "There's my little mermaid" he spoke sending a shiver down my spine

"Careful honey" I warned "Don't get too carried away the suit reveals all" I winked before lifting one side of my kayak and setting off down the trail to the beach.

Bronach O'Reilly sat on the beach kicking the sand between her toes. Apollos face lit up when he seen her she was a few years above me and below him in secondary school through their mutual love of the beach they became best friends always causing mischief together.

Bronach was gorgeous a proper surfer girl rarely to be found in anything else but her signature red and black wet suit or a pair of boarding shorts and baggy t-shirt. Numerous piercings and tattoos decorated her body much to the horror of the village. Bronach owned the surf shop in town thanks to a gracious loan from Papa O'Reilly who along with the Brothers McAllister owned most of the property in and around Sheephaven.

Bronach welcomed me with a fist bump "Nice to see you back little Thorne"

"Thanks O'Reilly, hope you've been keeping this one out of trouble" I smiled elbowing my older brother in the ribs. Bronach gave a laugh her lip rings moving from side to side "aw I canny promise that now" she ran her fingers through her red curly hair smiling at my brother "Are you going to his gig on Saturday night?"

I looked up to my brother "Apollo?! You didn't tell me?!" My brother gave a shrug he was far too laidback for this own good nothing phased him "I only found out this morning Bronach's Da has agreed to give me a shot at a regular appearance in their pub"

I was so proud of my brother music had always been a passion of his since he could talk, he was finally letting other people apart from his family and friends hear it.

"So these are the guys you were telling me about?" Bronach motioned towards the three jokers standing staring panicked at the water her freckled nose wrinkled as she sized them up giving a shrug "I've seen worse candidates for kayaking, Now guys the two best pieces of advice are keep your balance and don't panic, if you fall in just swim if you're in difficulty the dogs will recognize it and come to your rescue" she affectionately patted Loki's head as she instructed.

"Holy shit its fucking freezing" Q cried as he put a foot in the water while Murr was just leaping about the place like a beached fish and screaming. Joe stood beside me bent over laughing at his troubled friends "Lemmie show you how this things done Irish" he winked taking a sprinting start towards the water Joe screamed and swore as he plunged his whole head underwater I couldn't help but laugh at these three guys so out of their comfort zone.

After a lot more swearing at failed attempts at trying to stay balanced in the kayaks the guys where coming along quite well. I sat on my trusty purple kayak kicking my feet in the water watching the them play gladiators with their paddles, three middle aged men who had barely matured a day since their twenties it was kind of hard to believe Joe would be a dad soon he was flying home in a few days to be with Bessy through her final trimester and I just knew that would bring about the conversation of when we all would be going back. The guys had filming to complete and the producers were ringing nearly every day to scold about them not being back yet usually one of the guys would just hang up on them but I knew it was time for the fun to end soon and get back into the rat race.

It was so difficult being here to think any sort of rat race existed, days just came and went people lived and died and were mourned like the waves brought in a new tide then washed it away again.