2.) I spy, not lie

Chapter 2

He looked back and realized that a bunch of people were heading our way. He pulled me up and dragged me as we escaped the mall. We headed for the main door and to the parking lot. We finally stopped and saw that there was no one following us anymore. 

"This is my time." I whispered to myself. 

The mission that was given to me was to destroy Chase Hensley's career and investigate more and deeper about his family. Part of my mission was to make an anonymous article about everything that I learned and found out about the Hensley's after a month. At first, I was not in favour of this idea but I looked at my mom and saw that she was blissful about it. It was too rare for me to see her smile or the expression of her face when she’s excited about something.

"I'm sorry about that. Are you okay?" He said as he finally caught his breathe. 

"No worries but I kind of feel awful. My back hurts and I think my head hit the floor hard." I lied. I figured that if I told him I was okay, then he would probably just forget about me and we would never see each other again.  And to me, that’s not good.

"Oh, is that so? Well, let me call my driver so we could get you to the hospital or something." He said with a worried look on his face. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and quickly dialled a number. 

I fake fainted and I knew that it would mean hurting my body. I realized I didn't fall on the ground, Chase caught me instead. I heard his phone drop. He tried picking it up and immediately called his driver. It looked like he was buying my act.

After a few minutes, I felt him dragging me inside a car. I peeked at what it was and realized we were in a limousine. I wondered where he was going to take me but I didn't care much. All I cared was how to succeed with my mission. It hasn't officially started yet but it wouldn't hurt to start a little early, would it?

My plan was to make Chase Hensley fall for me. I know that it would be a little hard especially that I only had a month. I couldn’t think of any other ideas that could make me go through his family’s personal things and businesses. It sounds ridiculous but I don’t think I can go with my Plan B.

"To the hospital, please." He said to the driver.

"We can't go there. Have you seen the girls that were running after you at the mall? We can't risk another exposure of you. Head to the mansion!" The person yelled. I wasn't sure who it was and I couldn't open my eyes. I didn't want them to know that I was faking.

My head was on Chase's shoulder. Five minutes have passed and I could still feel the car moving. I tried my hardest to keep my eyes closed without falling asleep.

When I opened my eyes, I realized that I was already out of the car. Instead, I was in someone else's living room. I got up and sat down properly. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I tried to make my face look tired and confused.

"Uhh... Where am I? Why am I sleeping here?" I asked when Chase appeared and handed me a glass of water. I completely knew why I was at his house and everything. I've done enough research that I recognized the inside of his house. I even know his address and home phone number. 

"My house. I didn't get to drive you to the hospital but I hope you're feeling a little better." He offered me a medicine. "Take that."

"Thanks." He sat on the couch that was facing me. 

"I'm glad you're not one of those girls at the mall." He said.

"Mm, I’m not really your biggest fan. Actually, not even a fan. Wait... who are you anyways?" Since my identity was already a lie, I thought; why not lie to the fullest? I am a big fan of Chase Hensley, and his dad too. Not to mention how good looking and attractive he is. With his dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He has a nice figure too which is perfect for his height. I acted like I didn't know him at all. It might give him an idea to convince me that he's a great guy and all that. I've seen a lot of movies where a guy tries to impress and encourage a girl that he's a great man when she thinks he's not. "I figure you're kind of famous. Are you like a YouTube celebrity or a model or something?" 

I caught his eyes bulged and his jaw dropped. He tried to shake off the expression he had on his face.

"I, uh... I'm Chase Hensley. You know... I’m like one of the most famous celebrities?" He replied trying not to sound boastful. "I thought everyone knew about me. At least, everyone in California. Wait, you probably just moved here?"

"Oh goodness, I’ve lived in California all my life!” Lie. “Hmm... you're a celebrity? Doesn't ring a bell but nice meeting you Chase, I’m J-" I almost said Jordan but I quickly remembered that my name changed for this mission. "Sophie. Sophie Clark."

"Wow, I can't believe you don't know me. Do you live in a cave or something?!" He said with a mixed of annoyed voice. 

"Well, I should get going now. My mom's probably looking for me” I stood up. Basically, I’m trying to act hard-to-get to obtain his attention.

"Wait." He tried to stop me. I needed to do something that will make me see him again. I already started my mission and I shall not stop now. "Do you want to go look at my awards?"

I felt like I already succeeded when he said that. I planned to decline his offer. "You know... maybe next time. I’ll give you my phone number, call me sometime." I never thought that trying to get a celebrity's attention would be this easy. I was going to make my plan tonight but I guess I already met him without even expecting it. And I already got his attention without even flirting yet. My mission was going great, really great.

He got his phone out of his pocket. He asked for my number but I told him I would punch them in instead. At first, it looked like he was having second thoughts. He didn’t want to give me his phone since I was clearly a stranger to him.

“Come on, it’s not like I’m going to eat your phone?” He then gently passed me his phone and I took it. Instead of typing my number, I tried to hack it. I put on a code that can give me access using my laptop at home. I learned it from my spy studies. When I finished typing in the code, I quickly saved my number on his phone. When I get home tonight, I will be able to track where Chase is. His phone is now my GPS tracker but only I can access it. It was my first time hacking into someone’s phone so I was hoping it would actually work. After I typed the hacking code, my laptop will then receive the information and all I would need to do was to set it up when I arrive home.

As soon as I was about to give him his phone, it vibrated and started ringing. He quickly took it away from me.

“Sorry, gotta take this one.” He said and rushed in to the kitchen. I slowly followed him and checked out the framed picture near the kitchen door.

“Hey babe... I know.... No, no.... I promise, dinner tonight... Yeah, see ya babe!” I heard his footsteps and I walked back to the living room as fast as I could so he wouldn’t catch me.

Remember when I said this mission is going to be easy? About that, I was lying.

/////////////// Author's Note

So here's Chapter 2, I got 60 reads. More than 3 comments & votes. Thanks everyone. Hope you're liking this story so far :) I don't know if i'll be able to reach this goal for this story because it always seems to me that only my first chapters get votes, comments, reads.

How about 70 reads, 5 comments, 5 votes? :) Sounds good. We

Comment your thoughts, Vote if you like it & Recommend the story if you love it :)

And help me to categorize my story too. I'm now thinking of Teen Fiction/Mystery/Romance or maybe Humor?