Epilogue

"So you're saying that you want to go home... and become disengaged from Luke?"

"Yes sir, that's exactly what I'm saying."

"Well... I'll need Luke's consent, then."

"Hmph. That's not gonna be hard to get."

James pressed a button on his phone and dialed a number. I heard an unfamiliar voice come through the phone's speaker.

"Yes sir?"

"Hello, Jessica?"

"Yes sir."

"Could you get Luke down here in my office for me, Jess?"

"Of course, sir."

"Thank you, Jessica."

"It's my job, sir."

James smiled and pushed another button, cutting of the conversation. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

"You wanted to see me, dad?"

"Luke! Come in, the door's unlocked."

I rolled my eyes and I heard Luke mutter "Always is."

He looked down at me and for a moment I thought I saw relief and happiness flicker in his eyes, but even if I did it was quickly replaced with anger and digust.

"Well look who's back." Luke sneered. James looked surprised and told Luke to sit down. Luke scowled but obeyed.

"...Luke, Katrina has asked me to disengage you two and unarrange the marriage-"

"WHAT!?" 

"I'm doing you a favor, since you want to be rid of me." I told him icily. 

"As I was saying, she has asked me this and I need your consent to make it official. She seemed quite positive that you would agree, so I called you down here."

Luke just stared at his father, mouth gaping.

"Dad, can I be excused for a moment?"

"Absolutly."

"Katrina, can I talk to you?"

"Why would you want to?"

"Just... please?"

"Whatever."

I stood up and followed Luke out into the gardens. He stopped at my favorite fountain, a large one made of black marble with a crane centerpiece. I inhaled deeply at the smell of the cherry blossom trees around me. 

"What do you want, Luke?" I asked bitterly. Luke sighed and looked down at the fountain. Then he did something really, really strange. He bit his fingertip and dipped the bloody fingertip into the fountain. I looked at him oddly. He smiled down at the water where his blood was floating into. He pulled his hand out of the water and wiped the wetness on his pant leg. I cocked an eyebrow at this sudden odd gesture and he looked up at me.

"Why do you hate me?" He asked. "Me!? Hate YOU!? You started this war between us!" He cringed when I said the last part. "What did you think I would say?" I muttered. "Katrina... I missed you when you were gone. I was worried." 

"What, worried that the fact that you let your fiance die was going to ruin your relationship with everyone?" I spat. "No! Katrina, I was worried that you wouldn't come back." I huffed. "Yeah right. That's why Hunter had to come help me." Luke swallowed hard. "...Hu-...Hunter saved you?" He asked. I shook my head. "HELPED. H-E-L-P-E-D. Helped. I saved myself, thank you very much. He just killed some guy who had a knife to my throat. I could've gotten him away from me, but Hunter killed him for me." Luke looked worridely at my neck and saw a small cut that I had received from the guy falling to the ground when his knife was still against my throat. "Oh, Trina..." He said, reaching towards it. I backed away from him. "Why do you care?" I said. Luke moved closer to me. "Katrina... I'm sorry I hurt you. I was just angry... I love you more than anyone ever could. Can you forgive me?" He asked. I looked into his eyes and saw the sorrow and sincereity.

(Shut up, that's a word now... actually I think it is one...)

"Don't leave me, Katrina. I need you...please?"
~> Rest In Results
(CLIFF HANGER!!! MUAHAHAHA!)

(Rofl, no. I'm just playing with you.)

Suddenly, Luke died! Katrina turned to see Hunter with a gun in his hand! HUNTER SHOT LUKE! 

"Oh thank GOD he's dead!" Katrina said, and she ran up and kissed Hunter. And they both died of cancer a year later. 

The end.

=D Back to the actual story now.

(Wouldn't that've been a great ending though?)

(Totally surprising)

(And then Batman was the reaper!)

(And Katrina had to beg him not to take Luke!)

(Man, I should write movies)

(Lol, I'm hiper. Continue now.)

"Luke...I love you. Never, EVER look at me the way you did the night you saw Josh kiss me. Okay?"

"I promise I won't."

"Thank you."

Luke kissed me gently, and I was so happy; I had longed for his sweet forgiveness.

I grinned as he pulled away, and then he smiled back and leaned in again.

I smiled internely, thinking...

So much for arranged marriages.