Chapter 8

[Two Days Later]

I went to sleep after a well-loved dance with Luke. I woke up to find Hunter standing above me, smiling.

"Hello, beautiful. I hear you had a dream about me last night."

"More like nightmare. What the hell are you doing in my room!?"

"I decided to drop by to see you! After all, when dear Lukey's fiance is having dreams about me, its time I come pay her a visit, isn't it?"

"I told you, seeing your face was a nightmare. Now get out of my room!"

Hunter made a tsking sound as he moved toward me, leaning over my bed to get his face inches from mine.

"Now now, Katrina. Is this any way to treat your fiance's friend?"

"I don't give a damn how I treat his friends, his friends need to stay the heck out of my room!"

Hunter sighed, pulling away. I stood up, getting up close and personal into his face. "I'm going to tell you one more time. Get. Out. Of. My. Room." I growled.

Hunter looked down at my neck, breathing in. "You know, Katrina, this really is no way to treat someone who could kill you just by biting down in a certain spot." He told me, moving closer. No matter how much courage anger can give you, it always gets smothered by the panic you get from fear. "You-you wouldn't kill me. I'm the king's son's fiance. I'm practically the kings daughter..." I said, trying to defend myself. Hunter laughed bitterly as my back hit the wall; as he had been advancing toward me, I had been backing up. 

Stupid idea.

"What you don't realise, Princess, is that it won't take much time to kill you and get your corpse far, far away. It'll look like you ran away or were kidnapped."

Shit.

"Stay the hell away from me." I said sternly. 

"I'm afraid that's something I won't do, love." Hunter said, and he leaned over just like in my nightmare, trailing his lips down to a tender spot above my collarbone.

This is it. I never thought I'd die so young.

"Hunter, what the heck do you think you're doing to Katrina?" 

Lauren asked. "The girl has to face her fears, Lauren. Leave us alone." Hunter replied, sounding frustrated. "Hunter, if one of her fears is death, that's one she doesn't have to face." A male voice said. I didn't recognize that voice, but somehow it said exactly what I had been thinking. "Lauren, go get Luke. He needs to know whats happening with his...friend, here." Hunter growled at the guy and I heard Lauren walk away. "Looks like we'll have to finish this later, Katrina." Hunter whispered in my ear. 

He turned around and I ran over to my door, afraid. In my doorway stood a beach-blonde guy with aqua eyes. "Katrina, stand behind me." He told me. I obeyed. "Who are you?" I asked. Hunter's crimson eyes stared hatefully at the guy infront of me. "This is none of your business, you know." He said. The guy infront of me folded his arms. "I'm making it my business, buddy." He replied. Hunter growled angrily and walked quickly towards my protector, who pushed me gently into the hallway. Hunter grabbed onto the front of the guy's shirt and pushed him into the wall, not even noticing I was behind him. Luckily I got out of their way. "Either back off or I'll kill your precious Lauren." He said. The guy who had protected me shoved Hunter off of himself and hissed at him. "Touch Lauren and I'll rip your intestines out and use them for a noose, Hunter." He said angrily. 

Hunter was about to lunge at my saviour when I could hear Cameron's voice echoing down the hallway. "Hey Hunter, I hear you're picking on my sister." He called. Hunters death glare stayed on the guy he'd threatened and he called back, "Screw off, Cameron!" Cameron came up beside me. "I don't think Luke's going to like it when he hears about this. You attacking his fiance? Not going to go over well." Hunter snarled. "She needs to face her fears. Everyone does." Hunter suddenly turned towards me, smiling. "Besides, you don't hate me, do you Katrina?" Cameron pushed me back, but I walked forward instead. 

"You're right, Hunter. There aren't any words that exist to express my feelings about you. Hate is putting itlightly. If I ever see your face in my room again I swear to god I'm going to make you wish you had never even heard the name Katrina Bartlett. Got it, Hunty?" 

Hunter glared at me. "I'd love to see that." He sneered, and walked angrily down the halls. I turned to Lauren. "Thanks, Lauren. I would've been dead if you and...him... hadn't come!" I said, looking over at Lauren's friend. I hugged Cameron, thanking him too. "No problem little sis. Whenever you need me you just yell, okay?" I smiled. Cameron was three years older than me; he was nineteen. Luke is seventeen, and Lauren's the same age as me; sixteen. I'm turning seventeen in about two months, though. Lauren smiled at me. "I'm just glad I got there in time. I just came to introduce you to my boyfriend, Josh." She said, gesturing to the boy who had nearly got into a fight with Hunter. He grinned at me, and I smiled back. "My hero." I said, laughing. Josh laughed too. "Well I wasn't just going to let Lauren's new best friend get killed by Hunter, huh?" I laughed too, and thanked Josh again. "No offence, Lauren, but I think I'm just going to hang around in my room all day." I said. Lauren nodded, hugging me. "You tell Luke what happened as soon as he gets home, okay?" I agreed. "Where is Luke, anyway?"

Lauren shrugged." Out on business with his father, I think." I nodded. "See ya later, Kat." I waved to Lauren as Josh put his arm around her waist and they walked away.

I spent the next hour in the bathtub with vanilla-scented bath salts and warm water, trying to calm my nerves.

{Luke's P.O.V.}

I came back home at about nine thirty (pm), and walked up to my room, tired. I opened my door to find none other than my beautiful Katrina asleep on my bed. I laughed quietly and walked over to find out why she was in my room.

Not that I minded, of course.

"Hmm?" She said, sitting up. "Hey Trina. Did you miss me that much?" I teased. She smiled and shook her head. "Why are you here?" I asked, going into my bathroom to get changed into sleeping clothes. I came back out and sat down beside Katrina, smiling at her. "Uhm..." She said, pausing. She bit her lip and looked away from me, looking upset. I moved over to her and pulled her into my arms, my legs on either side of her. "What's the matter?" I asked. I had to lean forward to hear her whispered answer.

"Hunter tried to kill me."

~> Rest In Results

"He what? I asked, concerned.

Katrina explained her day to me in full detail - how she felt, where she moved - everything. I was glad that Lauren and Josh had gotten to her room in time; I'd be forever greatful to them.

I hugged Katrina.

"I'm so sorry. I should've been here!" I exclaimed, angry at myself. Katrina nodded, and I could tell she was tired. After all, she had had a rough day.

"It's okay, Luke. You didn't know he was going to do that."

I layed her down and she was already half asleep. I pulled the covers over and and smiled. I pulled the blanket over myself and pulled Katrina close.

"Maybe you should sleep in my room until we can sort this thing with Hunter out." I suggested.

Katrina smiled. "That'd be great." She replied.

My thoughts exactly.