Chapter 4 The Garden

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

Previously on 'Escape From The Bottomless Pit'

We lost our love ones years ago and because of it, destiny decides to meet us up. We will wipe all the corpses and revive the things that once belonged to us. We will do everything just to erase the memories that long haunted us.

We fight for our lives and for each other. And for what cause?

For survival.

............................................................

Sandra went outside the room where she just had nightmares and started walking towards the direction Nate instructed her to follow. The light was dim as she walked past through the hallways and noticed that it has no windows. It was mainly a grey-thicked walls, making it more claustrophobic and confusing.

Every end had a corridor and most likely looked the same. Her head spun dreadfully and she kept on leaning against the concrete for support. The problem was that she could not point out which door to go through. There were 4 doors at the end but none seems different.

The door at the middle, he'd said. But damn, there were two middle doors. She fumbled at the first knob and it was locked. And so was the second one.

A loud bang was heard when she was about to take another step towards the 3rd door. She turned the knob and entered.

Sandra

I grabbed the handle and turned it. The door opened and I saw a beautiful garden in front of me. Everything was green, except for the roses. There were small sculptures ahead, making it look real and made me forget that we were actually living in a world of destruction. I could smell the sunflower and was amazed of how they managed to maintain all of it.

The sunlight beamed towards my face and I breathed in while closing my eyes. I loved the feeling because everything was so calming. My lips tugged into a smile as I felt the wind with my hands.

"Hey there!"

I came back from my reverie and saw a girl standing in front of me. She smiled and it was a cute one. She looked like a puppy.

"Oh hello there" I bent down to adjust my height with hers. She had doe-eyes, making her look innocent and angelic. She stared at me with wonder and I smiled back, emulating her.

"You must be Sandra?! Oh! Yeah you are beautiful just like what Nate said!" She beamed and I was taken aback by her sudden outburst. She grabbed my hand and we started running towards the garden.

"Oh! Easy there angel. I won't run" I chuckled and followed her lead.

"Everyone's excited! How can I ease down? Not to mention that it's been years since we had a new member!"

My brows furrowed. 'Years since they had a new member?'

We continued our run. Giggling to herself, I found it quite contagious, so I giggled along with her. We took a turn towards the left and found ourselves in front of a huge tree. It's vines were massive and I was dumbfounded by it.

"We're here!"

"No one's here" I furrowed her brows.

"Just follow me"