Chapter 11

Recap

Derek's P.O.V

I missed her so much. I'm so happy she isn't pushing me away. I missed being loved for once. Maby she doesn't love me yet, but she soon will, hopefully.

_______________________________

Ava's P.O.V

By now we had gotten back to the house and are staring at each other not knowing what to do next.

After a long time of silence I spoke up

... why did you leave? I asked

"I-I had to" He stumbled

"Please tell me, look... if you tell me then u promise you that I'll make an effort for this to work" I responded

He looked shocked but then sad

"My dad was the leader at first but he was a cruel man, trust me. He would beat me up for the smallest things. He wanted me to be like him. I left you because, my father had told me that It was my turn to be the boss. What he didn't tell me was that he was gonna run away because he had killed my mother."
He finished

I didn't know how to respond to that

He continued
"I couldn't come back all these years because iv been busy with trying to look for that man (his father) and trying to keep enemies off of my territory. 2 years ago however, I found you through some cameras I had around your neighborhood. I didn't want to come up to you, afraid of what you would have thought of me after leaving".

After a minute I spoke

"I understand. I mean, yes leaving was the worst thing you could have done to me, but I understand you couldn't have brought me with you... it would be to dangerous".

He looked at me with relief in his eyes

"So umm. Will you try to make an effort and try to make this work, between you and I" he asked

I forgot I had made a deal with him

"As long as both of us put an effort, I will try my hardest to make this work out" I responded with a smile making its way to my face.

He responded with an equally large smile. But I couldn't help but think...

I like Derek but I don't love him. Not yet, at least.
_______________________________
A/N I'm so sorry for such a short chapter. I know I haven't updated soon but I'll try my hardest.