And Then the Twilight Pick-Up Lines Broke Out

Woooo hooo second upload tonight! It occasionally pays to be a nightowl....occasionally. -Olivia xoxo

                Either I am so screwed that it defines screwed, or that was just one hell of a vivid nightmare. I am thinking it was a nightmare because only my brain could come up with someone so hot and damn sexy, that couldn’t be found in the real world. People in general are not that good looking, that may just be me. But there are an absurd amount of ugly people out there. Anyways, breaking away from that crazy, but all too true tangent I was totally dreaming. And I am just waking up to be in my totally cozy bed. Except my bed…I don’t sit upright when sleeping…or have a seatbelt strapped around me.

                Snafu. This wasn’t a dream. My eyes snap open and I am greeted by a streak of way to bright light glaring into my eyes and skull and trying to burn my alive and blind me while it’s at it. A groan escapes as I shift myself up a little bit; sleeping in a car takes a toll on my poor neck.

                A voice of a woman greets me, “About time you awoke Ada, you were going on thirteen hours there girly.” I blink furiously a couple times and readjust slightly to the bright car. A woman turns around from the passenger side of the front seat.

                I can barely see her face from behind the enormous glasses and a silk scarf wrapped around her head and neck glamorously. She smiles brightly, from the little of her I can see, she is exceedingly beautiful. What is up with all of the ten’s lately? Mr. Hottie and now Ms. Stunning makes an appearance to take a hit on my self esteem, and it is seriously not fair.

                I grunt, “What’s going on?”

                Hell, I know I have been kidnapped. That is just slightly obvious, and the handcuffs are just another reminder. But hey, it feels good to say it.

                “Just relax Ada; we aren’t here to hurt you.” She coos,

                “That’s what they all say.” I retort,

                She laughs lightly, “Yeah I know, it sounds super cliché but it’s the truth this time Ada. If you had been in that apartment twenty more minutes you would have been in the hands of very bad people who would be there to hurt you.”

                I snort, “I’m sure they would have left handcuffs on me.”

                She hesitates, “Yeah sorry about that, but we stopped for a little while before hitting the road. And we weren’t sure how much of that anesthesia stuff Zander used on you, so we weren’t sure how long you’d be out. And we knew as soon you woke you’d book it like you did up at the apartment to Zander.” She explained,

                So Mr. Hottie unfortunately will have to have his name changed to Zander. I don’t know how he would feel about me calling him Mr. Hottie. I peer over to see him behind the wheel barely acknowledging the conversation with Ms. Stunning. His hands were wrapped tightly around the steering wheel, his eyes set direct on the road. At least that’s what it seemed like from behind his thick shades and baseball cap. I squinted to focus my eyes to see a highway going on for miles and miles with no cities, towns, or anything just about ahead. Not even cars were out here, from what I could tell we were going very fast in this car. I didn’t bring it up with Zander, avoiding an awkward discussion and argument on speeding.

                I looked down to my wrists from the sound of metal clicking, with a demure smile Ms. Stunning pulls the handcuffs off and hold up the key with satisfaction. I rubbed my reddened and raw wrists, and I give her a small, short smile of gratitude. The smile was short, I quickly returned my face to a hardened and serious look of composure.