Chapter 35

~

~Madara's POV~

Two weeks.

It has been two whole weeks since I have heard Kazumi's voice. Two whole weeks since I have seen her smile. Two whole weeks since I have felt nothing but pain.

The death of Takahiro did great damage to Kazumi. She shut out from the world altogether. Scarce food, no water, mere two hours of sleep. She was killing herself.

I felt responsible for her condition since I was the one who started this chain of continuous pain and agony. Now I was getting what I deserved.

Every time I tried calming her down or reason with her, she rejected me, showing me how it felt when I did it. It was worrying me now.

I did not know what to do, what to say or even to say something when she passed me everyday without sparing me a single glance. She was angry with me, I understood that and I had tried countless times to fix it but my efforts were always wasted. Sometimes I thought I lost her. Other times, my Uchiha pride kicked in to force her to submit and obey. However, my sanity and love for my counterpart was stronger than my ego but even it could not help bringing back the spark in Kazumi's eyes.

Right now, I watched her washing her hands as I sat by the table with documents of importance spread out on it. She was quiet as if she always had been like this.

I looked back down on the pages when she glanced back at me with lifeless eyes. I could not bear looking into them. I turned page after page and only after a sharp pain in my finger did I realise my recklessness.

Paper cut.

Blood.

My blood.

It seemed like time had started gotten slow as I got up and made my way to my love who convulsed in pain of phasing. It seemed like I only brought her pain.

My sharingan flared once I reacher Kazumi and instantly, I bounded her other self into her conscious and at the same time, putting her to sleep.

~Kazumi's POV~

Where... Oh no. Not again.

I was back in my dark realm where my other self resided. However, she was nowhere to be found. I looked around and even started walking further in the darkness to search for any signs but nothing, until, a string of profanity was thrown at me from the direction opposite to where I had been walking.

" You f****** b****!! You really f***** up this time! I will f****** make you pay!" I faced her angry eyes but did not say anything.

I was surprised. She was bound by chains and nails in her flesh. Her skin bleeding from the penetration.

" W-who... Who did this...?" I asked in a small voice. I was afraid of her and the fact that I would have phased, it scared me.

" Aah? Don't act dumb you b*****! It was that lover of yours!" She shouted back and thrashed around. I took a few steps back when her chains began loosening.

" Madara..." His name on my tongue only made me sad. My eyes showed the despair that dominated my heart.

" Ya him alright!" Her arm was out of the grip of the chains and soon, her whole body. " Now let me possess you for good." She grinned.

Possess me? Sure. I have nothing to live for anymore. It would be better if she did.

I dipped my head and surrendered. I had no fight left in me to resist. I was tired of it all.

" Good girl~" She sung and approached me. Her words however, brought a distant memory to surface.

" Yasu, what if I lose control completely and destroy everyone?" I asked my best friend. I was scared after being told the dark secret of my clan.

" Don't worry. You are strong-"

" But still! I don't want to hurt anybody! What if-" He placed a hand on my shoulder and grinned.

" You are worrying too much Kazumi. It will happen when it will.  You can't keep worrying about it forever. Stay strong." It was very hard to convince me but Yasu was one person whose words reached me most easily.

" Still...." I persisted with a pout and looked down.

" Kazumi." He called. I looked at his face which held his famous-lady-killer smile. " Promise me you won't lose to her."

He knew only promises worked against my doubts. I smiled a nodded. " I promise!"

" Good girl." He laughed.

Good girl. Good girl. Good girl.

These words echoed in my head and finally something snapped inside me. I grabbed my darker self's hand and kicked her in the face, jumping feet away. I now faced her with a smirk.

" I won't lose to you. I have a promise to keep."

~Madara's POV~

I knew she was in that realm again. Kazumi was uneasy in her sleep whenever she was there. She tried her best protecting us both from this pain and suffering but I was foolish and persistent to not give in.

Now I have brought her pain worse than I could have ever imagined. Not to mention, the Kazumi I loved, I lost her too.

Nothing but a failure.

I sulked in a seat next to Kazumi's bed and sighed when another second passed by.

When she wakes up, I will do whatever is necessary to get er back. I don't want to see her dead eyes again.

No sooner than I decided it, small movement under the sheets caught my eyes and immediately after, my love sat up, gasping for breath.

Something had changed. I felt it. One glance at her eyes and I knew it.

Her fire has returned.

~

Vote and comment!

Thank you!

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~