Chapter Thirteen

"Wouldn't that take a lot of time, money, and effort? Just for one modified armored truck?" I look at Kytria with curiosity and cautiousness.

"Fine let me try something else then." Kytria sighs and walks out the back door.

"What the hell is she doing?"

"Kytria's gonna get a truck for us. Watch." Cole said.

Out of nowhere Kytria pulls open a rift, and she stepped into the damn thing. Cole and I bolt outside to wait on her. The humvee rolls through the portal. Kytria hops out of the driver's seat and collapses on the grass.

"I got the truck...can I sleep now?" Kytria smirks as she props herself up.

"Not yet, we need to fix this damn Charger up. I'll go and help Ferox, in the meantime you and Kytria need to go meet up with Ivory. She requested to see you two personally." Cole explains. "I'd take the ear pieces just in case of trouble." He hands Kytria and I an earpiece. I fasten it to my ear and help Kytria up.

We both got into the car and Sierra ran up to us.

"Where are you two goin'?" Sierra asked.

"Apparently we need to go see Ivory but Cole never said where. Any ideas where she may be?" I ask

"There's a gas station around the corner from the new Mass Powerside Tower. I sometimes see her car parked there. It's an old '57 Convertible Corvette, baby blue. If not there try to have Jack contact her." Sierra explains.

"Thanks sis' we'll be back soon." I tell her.

We pull up to the gas station a hour or so later. I notice Maddison with her arms crossed and her back to the wall. It was cold enough outside where I could freeze.

"Why's Maddison and Jeremiah here? I thought it was a private meeting." Kytria asks cautiously.

This gave me a bad feeling. Kytria and I step out of the car and walk over towards them.

"Ivory, Ebony, Jeremiah." I greet them.

"Kait, Maddi, Jerry." Kytria greets.

"Well it appears you weren't full of shit Kaitlynn. They showed up." Maddison scoffed.

"Hey! I told you they'd be here so shut up." Kaitlynn crosses her arms and turns away.

"So down to business. Equanox, what do you know about Serkov?" Jeremiah asks.

"You should know, weren't you part of a small battalion when we met?"

"A few of my contacts said they had come across the airship weeks prior, we had gotten suits that had perfectly mimicked Serkov's lead assassin: 'Zero'. We had almost gotten the stash but we came across you. Bloodied and beaten near the crash aircraft. Serkov paid us off to kill you. I called him and lied to him to save your sorry asses! At least be grateful to some hired guns who have actual human emotions." Jeremiah explains, I look him in the eyes and stare.

"What did you have planned for thirty tons of Element 786? You owe us Slade, explain, or I guess you'll lose two more valuable assets." I growl. I give the evil eye towards the twins arguing behind him.

"Fine. I sketched out some schematics for a nitrous hook up for our cars. I needed a way to find something faster than actual nitrous though. Look if I give you these schematics, will it be enough for you to trust us?"

"I swear Slade, if I turn around there better not be a dagger in my spine." I sigh and reach out my hand. Jerry shakes my hand.

"Kytria you still okay?" I turn and ask.

"Yes I'm fine, do you all hear that noise though?" Kytria asks. A loud buzzing noise goes by. Drones, fucking drones. I form my scythe and Jeremiah pulls out a shotgun. Jerry and I press our backs to each other and the girls whip out their guns.

"Looks like we're going out fighting." Jerry said

"Great, just when I thought an assassin wasn't enough." I gawk. Not a moment after Shadow appears again.
"Goddamnit all."

Jeremiah fires a couple shots at the drones and three go down. Kytria is using that tether to hold a group down, whilst The Twins start slashing whatever is held down. I grab ahold of a drone and smash its visor, I grab the wires inside its head and yank them out. I toss the drone aside and swing right, destroying another.

"Pretty sure we'll have the entire damn swarm here!" Ebony shouts while more arrive.

"Let the entire swarm come I have a plan!" I shout.

"So what the hell is the plan exactly?!" Ivory shouts from the other side of the street.

"Jerry! Grab your car and let me onto the roof, we have to get these things outside of the city!" I shout from a small hoard.

Jeremiah shoots a few drones the he hops in his car and I hop on the roof.

"Hey you metallic assholes! You want me? Come get me!" I shout.

Every single drone turns to me. "Step on it!" I shout.

The wheels burn out and I car-surf atop of a car going at least eighty miles per hour. What the hell am I doing? I thought to myself. We dodge cars and several drones begin to crash into the concrete, buildings, and cars. We passed by the city limits and the swarm was behind us.

"What's your plan exactly?" Jeremiah shouts from the drivers seat.

"You'll see." I shout back. I charge a small ice ball in my hands and raise it above me. I expand the ball around my body and raise myself into the air. I channel all the power inside of me to use this. I fire off an explosive wave of ice that sent several cars flying, thankfully Slade was out of the blast range. The swarm is still trying to get me even with the explosion destroying a chunk of them. I pull out the hand gun and the spark that Jack gave me.

"Here goes nothing." I sigh. I slam the spark into my chest.

I double over in pain. My heart rate just shot up, I feel like I'm slowly dying. I grab my chest and try to stand. "Gah, why does this hurt so much?" I get up and stand to the best of my ability.

I felt power rushing in me. I pull my hand away from my chest and I form a scythe. In my other hand my gun had frozen over without me realizing. I fire a round at the drones and I didn't realize that the shots I was firing are as big as my foot. I slash and shoot repeatedly, a handful of drones remained. I notice Shadow out of the my eye. I turn to face him but all he did was laugh.

"You think that your ice powers will save you from me but you're dead wrong boy." Shadow shouts from about twenty feet away.

"You know what, I'm going to personally send you to hell." I shout. I charge him.