Chapter Eleven

We hurry down the stairs since the elevator was fried. The sirens still blared but we didn't see any police. We all stop and listen. Gunshots. Then silence.

"Nobody, move." I whisper.

Shadow Inika burst through the wall and tackled me. He then picked me up and tossed me outside, down four floors. I hit the concrete and I couldn't breath. My vision was faded but I could see his smile. He tries to stab me but I roll out of the way and get him in the back with my ice scythe. I slam my boot against his face. He stumbles back and gets hit with a flaming rock.

Seriously? What the hell? I thought to myself. I look past Shadow and see Ferox with his hand ablaze. He charges Shadow and starts beating the living hell out of him.

"Piece of junkyard shit! I will tear you apart and turn you into a damn toaster!" Ferox roars. His fists set ablaze, Ferox began to beat the shit out of Shadow. He swung hard and hit as hard as possible. Shadow's head cocked back in a inhuman position, then whipped back in position. Shadow grabbed Ferox by the throat and picked him up. Ferox began to choke and claw at Shadow's hands. I stood up and charge at them I jump and kick the side of Shadow's face. He flies back with a giant scorch mark on his face, with bits of metal showing on his face.

"You won't win, Serkov will end you before he destroys everything!" Shadow shouts as he gets back up. He vanishes with a maniacal laughter.

"Seriously, why do we have to put up with this?" I ask Ferox.

"It seems like there will be no end to this bullshit Frosty, get used to it." Ferox sighs as he helps me up.

"We need to find Serkov and-" I started to talk but Sierra cut me off.

"Stop! Shut up about him! We need to lie low for a while, get ourselves familiarized with the city." Sierra hissed at me.

I stare at her for a moment. "Fine, let's go."

We start towards the suburbs of Shelic City. From the glow of the street lights the city seems quiet, ominously quiet. Several stores boarded up and abandoned. Windows broken.

"What happened here? Muggers?" Cole asked.

"Age, these stores have been around for ages but no one has kept care of them, so they've been quarantined." A voice says behind us. We all turn. Ivory.

"What the hell do you want?" I growl.

"Thought you'd need some help. So I figured I'd help. Maddison and Jeremiah have no clue I'm gone so I'll make it quick." Kaitlynn led on further into the suburbs.

"I don't trust this. It's too suspicious." I whispered to Kytria.

"You trusted Richard and Sierra right? At least give her a chance." Kytria scolded.

Kytria walked ahead with Cole and Kaitlynn. Ferox walked up next to me.

"So Snowflake, what's the problem with you an' Ivory over there?" Ferox asked.

"How do-? Never mind. I met her and two others by the downed ship. Her sister, Maddison, took me here but betrayed me the second my back was turned." I explained.

Ferox sighs and kept walking with me until the group stops at a abandoned house. Kaitlynn busted the boards off the door and welcomed us inside. The house was beautiful on the inside, like if it was newly built.

"Wow. This place looks amazing." I look around the house. Kaitlynn grabbed my collar.

"Tsk, tsk. Not yet. Hey Jack! You up?" Kaitlynn shouted. We all hear a crash and some glass shattering.

"Oi! Gimme a sec lass! Jaysus was't expectin' ya to come by!" Somebody shouts upstairs. A bed creaks and soon enough a man comes down the stairs. He scratches big, red beard.

" 'Ey, who're your friends lass?" The man asks .

"Everyone, meet Jack. Jack, these are a few friends of mine." Kaitlynn says halfheartedly.