Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I really didn’t want to go to school, it’s not that I didn’t like the school or my new friends. It was mostly because of Chad, me and him just couldn’t get along. I got ready and walked downstairs to wait for my mom. Kelly had texted me and told me that she couldn’t pick me up today.

“Good morning” Said my mom as she walked by me.

“Hi” I told her.

As always she was on her Iphone.

“I don’t think, I’ll be able to pick you up from school today. Your dad and I have to leave today in the afternoon.” She said as she was texting someone on her Iphone.

“What about my brothers?”

“I already arranged for the bus to pick them up and bring them home.”

“Ok, I guess I’ll just walk home” I said.

As always my mom didn’t hear what I told her. I feel like my mom doesn’t even care about me.

“I don’t care as long as you get home”

“Thanks for worrying mother” I said as I got off the couch and walked to the door.

“ANDREA!” she yelled but I was already outside. I took my ipod out and as I walked to school I listened to music.

School wasn’t that far. It took me at least 30 minutes. And luckily the weather this morning wasn’t too hot like other mornings. I walked to Algebra and I didn’t see Kelly in there. We didn’t do much just took some notes and worked on equations. My morning was really not off to a good start considering the argument me and my mom had. In biology I had forgotten my homework. In ceramics my mug got smashed by another student by accident. Great I thought could my day get any better? I was happy that I had lunch next. I walked in the cafeteria and went to sit down at our usual spot.

“Hey guys, where’s Kelly?” I asked.

“I think she had a thing with her parents” said Tania.

“Oh ok” I said.

“You’re not hungry today?” Asked Will

“No, today is just not a good day for me” I said back.

“I’m sorry” said Tania.

“What happened?” asked Tom

“First I had an argument with my mom, then I forgot my homework at home, and in ceramics my mug got smashed,” I said taking a deep breath in.

“Wow, I’m sorry” said Tom.

“It’s ok, hopefully it gets better” I said with a small smile.

“Oh guess what?” asked Tania “I have great news for all of you”

“What is it?” I asked.

“We have no school on Friday!”

“Why?”

“It’s the first football game” she answered.

“I totally forgot” said Will.

“Dude you forget everything” said Tom laughing.

“No I don’t”

“Ok, you two stop fighting, we have to decide what we want to do this Friday” said Tania with a huge smile.

“How about we decide on Thursday” I said.

“Sure just as long as we come to an agreement” she said back.