Switched at Last

"Aria!" Lauren snaps, her face no longer smiling. 

        "You have to switch with me for the big science test. All you have is P.E. and that's dumb!" I say, rolling my eyes.  I'm always the one who wants to switch places with my twin sister, Lauren. Today my teacher hinted that there would be a huge science test and now I'm stuck with her stupid P.E. class.

      I mean sure, Lauren will ace the test and I  have to do is her P.E, but couldn't she be the one to ask for a change? Sure, I've made her switch with me plenty of times when she really doesn't want to, but hey, we're all different.

      "Great! You'll do it, now you know the rules," I reply, my round chocolate eye zooming in on her identical ones. When were were babies our parents used nail polish to detect who was who. To this very day they still don't know one of us form the next.

        "Right, brag about cheer leading, flirt with Zac......" Lauren trails off. She snaps back into attention once she sees my face.

      "Take my clothes and go change," I demand, stomping my foot. Lauren walks out two minutes later wearing a tight, teal shirt, a super, super, short skirt and her dark brown hair is in a ponytail.

            "Great!" I say, a huge smile planted on my lips. I walk down the hall in Aria's gym shorts and loose tee.

         "Five laps, 'round that track!" Ms. Janres screeches. "What a wonder she never got married," I whisper sarcastically to Hallie, Aria's best friend. Then we're off on the large, red track, I speed ahead, my long legs are great for running. As soon as we're done, Jarnes decides to make us play dodge ball, like we are some nerdy fifth graders who don't have anything better to do. As if! Then again at least I don't have to be in science....

     1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2......" Janres says, patting my forehead with a and saying '2.'

        "I'm on the other team," Hallie whines, her long, ratty chestnut curls hanging limply in alignment to her waist.

             I shrug and dart to one end of the cement basketball court.

       "Go!" Janres screams. I linger along the very back of the court and think about Aria and me. I love having an identical twin,  I can force her to switch places with me, frame her.....I can do a lot.

         "Your the only ones left!" Janres screams excitedly, i look across the court and see Hallie quivering in a corner, her team screaming at her to the the small red ball that's in her hand. I sprint to the very front of the court and hurl a ball at Hallie.

       "Hit," says Janres, less excitedly. She's only happy when games are full of suspense. Hallie drags her feet to the sidelines and meets her angry team.

     "Yeah!" I woot haughtily. Hallie shoots a confused glance at me. Maybe that last move was a little too me-like. Lauren is in the middle of the social ladder, she doesn't really get picked on becuase she's generally nice to everyone and she stays out of the spotlight.

    I am at the very top of the ladder, the queen bee cheerleader. And I LOVE it, it's amazing having everyone secretly want to be you and think you're pretty and funny!

     "Lauren?" Hallie asks, carefully touching my face.

   "Aria said I'd be cooler if I tried to win something for once," I say, adding an eye-roll for effect.

         "I guess she was just messing with me," I sigh wryly, as if I'm disgusted by my sister, a.k.a......ME!

       "Where do you want to eat lunch?" Hallie asks, wringing her pudgy fingers. i pause and tilt my head again. I itch my neck with my slender arm and then realize I don't really need to wonder where Lauren would eat.