05 - my little lion girl

and it was in the way
your lips would form a smile
that made me realize
broken pieces of glass
will remain strong

✉ ✉ ✉

Hey! It has been a while since we last talked. Yes, I know that things have been a little too hard on you but trust me... things will get better. You are so amazing, didn't you know that? I wonder where you got all your energy resisting the bad things around you. I know there are times that you break down and people may not notice that but I do. You may not know or see it but I care a lot about you.

It was in the last year of junior high school I got the chance to spend a lot more time with you than usual. We weren't on the same group of friends. We just became friends for the reason that your mom and my mom were elementary classmates. You told me your problems and I told you mine and that became an everyday thing, you know? It was always in the middle of the night, you'd want to talk about how shitty your day was or how stupid your friends were. We surprisingly had a lot of things in common and soon enough, we became close friends. You became someone I can count on and I hope you feel the same.

It had took me a while to admit to myself that you are one of the strongest people I have met. It took me a while to actually process what was going on around your mind. Most of the time, you were smiling and laughing. You make lots and lots of corny and funny puns. It took me a while to realize that it was all a facade to hide what you were really feeling and it made me want to protect you at all costs.

You were my little lion girl. You didn't know that though because I always kept in inside me. You were always hunted down by sadness but you remained strong and eager like a lion. It made me want to get to know you better and make you feel happy even in just the shortest of time. When junior high ended, I still believed you were one of the strongest people I met in the span of those four years of junior high school and I'm forever thankful. You showed me that even the most broken pieces of glass could still be strong.

Now, in senior high, I hope that you will be able to remain happy and strong the way you always have been. Obstacles will come your way but remember that there are people who believe in you always and forever. Always remember the people that care for you are always a call away. I'm sad that I don't get to see your bubbly face everyday anymore but I'm happy that I had memorable memories with you.

I'll see you again soonest, Feliz! Always know that I'm here for you through thick and thin! Thanks for being a friend!