Chapter 1

Glaiza's POV

I am not an ungrateful bitch— I am so not. I am just having one of those days. I went off the stage and proceeded immediately to the backstage right after my performance, avoiding fans who are clamoring for pictures and autographs, ignoring their outcry for another encore.

I am not feeling it. Celebrities are allowed to have off days, right?

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. As soon as I opened my eyes, there's a heavy feeling on my chest that I can't seem to shake off. Like my body is warning me that something bad is about to happen— like a bad omen.

I can't wait to get this day over with.

I plopped myself on the couch as my fiancé handed me a glass of lukewarm water. My mood suddenly brightened a tiny bit just by his mere presence.

"Somebody's in a foul mood," Benjamin said. He raised my legs and settled it on his lap— giving it a good massage.

"Headache," was my simple reply. I rested my head on his shoulders and inhaled his soft musky scent. I am only half way through the day but I already feel so tired, like some invisible being is sucking all my good energy. So I cling to him, to regain all the positivity that I am losing. Our close proximity to each other somehow made me feel a bit better— lighter. He's like my ray of sunshine on a dark and cloudy day— my source of life and energy.

"Honey, it's almost 4 o'clock, you have a meeting with the people from Artist Center at 4 upstairs," he reminded me. He stood up and asked my personal assistant to get me a set of comfortable clothes to change into, and I went in the bathroom to change and remove my make up.

I sighed. I don't know why, but I really have a bad feeling about this meeting. Am I gonna get fired? Will they not renew my contract? Did my album not sell enough? I took another deep breath and headed upstairs— hand in hand with Ben, his warm hands providing comfort in this dank mood I am in.

I left him at the lobby to wait for me since I am the only one asked to attend the meeting. I hope this won't take long since I want to go home and rest already. I entered the frosted glass door, and there, at the middle of the room sat the CEO of the Artist Center and another familiar figure— waiting for me. My chest hammered as soon as I remembered who it was— a bad omen.

"Sit down, Glaiza," said the familiar figure.

I obliged and sat down on the swivel chair in front of him, the CEO signaled her secretary and a few seconds later, she came in with a steaming cup of brewed coffee and handed it to me. "To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you, Tito Ronnie, Ma'am Ida?" I said after I took a sip from my coffee.

"I'll be straightforward with you, Glaiza," she started, her piercing dark eyes boring into mine. "Your career's not picking up especially after you got engaged to that non-showbiz boyfriend of yours. Your album may be doing fine but you haven't been visible on screen for quite a while, and do you know what that means?" she asked.

I nodded and replied, "you're cutting me off." I understand where this conversation is heading, but what I don't understand is the presence of this elderly man in front of me.

"Well technically, yes. But we have a proposition for you," she prompted for Tito Ronnie to continue.

"Remember how your career suddenly boomed during TRMD? And how it suddenly died down after, when your fans started to get tired of waiting for more projects?" he asked, I nodded. I think I know where this is heading.

"Since you have a non-showbiz fiancé, Benjamin, right? We're thinking that pairing you up with my niece once more could still work. Just imagine how happy your fans will be if RaStro will be reunited once more, and since you're engaged, all the gay rumors will die down" he said with a wide grin on his face, proud and oblivious to his plan.