As I rounded the corner and made my way into the kitchen, I noticed my mum stood in front of the sink. She was just turning the faucet off when I called out to her, and she jumped in place out of surprise once she's heard me, hand clutching her chest as she turned to face Zayn and I.

"Hi mum," I laughed a little, watching her roll her eyes and smack her teeth at me.

"Jay, c'mon, you scared me," she huffed as she quickly dried her hands off with a towel that hung from the handle on the oven. "Hi."

She started to walk my way then, a bright and wide smile appearing once she's gotten over the initial shock. Her eyes gleamed a bit as they travelled down my torso for a moment before meeting my eyes again. "Oh, how are you? Look at you," she beamed happily, wrapping her arms around me and holding me as close as she possibly could without my stomach getting in the way.

Hugging people was getting quite weird now since I was showing now, and I only expected it to get a lot weirder the further down the road we got.

Of course the hugging hasn't lasted too long because before I knew it, my mum was pulling away from me after she pressed a short kiss to the side of my face and moving right along to greet Zayn. I wasn't sure why she adored him so much, not that he wasn't worthy of being adored because he was, but u just didn't understand it. Zayn was all for it, though, always teased me about how my own parents liked him more than their own child, but hey, it was probably true by the looks of it.

"How are you, love?" My mum asked Zayn as the quickly embraced. I almost let out a snort but again I refrained myself from doing so.

"Good," he grinned, teeth seeking to light up the entire room. He was so magical, beautiful and luminous just like the sun that shines above. "Really good, yeah."

"I'm glad," she replied. "Congratulations again, can't believe I'm finally gonna be a grandma."

"Mum," I groaned as she placed both of her hands on the side of my belly. If anyone out there was happier for our own child than Zayn and I were, it had to be my mum. But that was a good thing, though, it felt really nice to have her support, to be able to share our excitement with someone else.

"Alright, alright," she held her hands up in defense. She nodded her head, gesturing down towards the hallway that lead towards the back of the house. "Your dad's out back, c'mon."

***

"So," my dad started off, setting the glass that he was drinking from down onto the table we sat at and crossing his fingers together. "When do we figure out what our future grandchild is going to be?"

It was a reoccurring question, one Zayn and I got asked a ton, one that everyone seemed so eager to find out, and I found myself growing just as restless and eager to know as more time passed by, too. Soon, though. We'd be able to find out pretty soon, and I just could not wait. I couldn't believe that is actually suggested to Zayn that we wait to find out, especially seeing how determined I was to know now.

"Soon," I smiled a bit, my eyes flickering towards Zayn momentarily. "I—we have another appointment in a couple of weeks so we'll be able to find out then."

That was when I remembered Zayn and I's little bet we made a few weeks before that I was determined to win. Come to think of it, I was starting to think that maybe I just might.

"Well, whatever you two have I'll be happy either way," mum chimed in, her voice find and sweet. I just knew she'd be the best grandparent she could be. It was strange to think that my parents were going to be grandparents in just a few months. I felt like nothing was ever going to register in my mind until it actually happened, and even then I didn't think I'd believe it. There was a lot I was going to have to get used to, but I was ready for it all.

"Zayn thinks we'll have a girl, but I think we'll have a boy just 'cause he thinks that."

I send Zayn a fond look, and when I look at him and into his pretty eyes I kind of feel like I'm at home. I feel like this is where I was supposed to be all along.

"Yeah?" My dad said, giving Zayn's shoulder a friendly shove with his fist. "You think?"

"Yeah," Zayn shrugged, meeting my eyes and giving me a personally smile before he sat up straighter in his seat and rubbed his hand over the beard that adorned his chin. As handsome as he was and always would be no matter what, I did admit that it needed a little trim, but who was I to say? "But that's just 'cause everyone in my family thinks so, so they've kinda convinced me."

"When I was pregnant with Jay I swore on my life she was going to be a boy. Even when we found out officially what we were having, I still insisted she was a boy. I was convinced the doctor had made a mistake."

"Really?" My eyes widened as I faced my mum's way, a giggle falling from my lips. "I didn't know that."

"I don't know," she chuckled, sounding like spring itself—happy and bright. "Just had a strong feeling, I was so convinced."

"I thought she was going mad," dad added. "Thought the hormones were taking over her mind."

At that, Zayn laughed loudly, his eyes crinkling up at the sides in that favorite way of mine. "Should've seen her the other night," Zayn pointed a thumb my way, "up at two AM eating ice cream, crisps, and carrots. Absolutely Mad."

"I was hungry!" I tried to defend myself, but I was laughing too hard, doubling over in my seat. "I had a dream about vanilla ice cream."

"S'okay, Jan, your mum used to sleep walk."

"Did not," mum nearly squealed, but something inside told me that maybe she was in a bit of denial.

"This is gold," Zayn muttered over the dying laughter. "Can't wait to see if you'll be any weirder than you normally are."

Knowing me, there was absolutely no telling. But at least there'd be some good stories to tell people in the future. And now that I thought about that, about the future and all the memories that would be made, I could hardly wait. And as I glanced Zayn's way, took in the way he shined, the gleam in his eyes, the dazzling and radiant smile, I had a strong feeling that maybe he'd felt the same way, too.

***

I'm a little late but I just wanna say the biggest congratulations to zayn for releasing his first single and getting it to number one in 50+ countries so quickly—aaaahhhhh 😁 wtf I'm literally so happy for him I can't even explain how I feel. I've seen nothing but positive reviews all around and I just have to say he truly deserves the entire world and then some; everything and more :) HE'S JUST A LITTLE BOY FROM BRADFORD AND NOW HE'S SMASHING IT :)))))))))

what are your thoughts on pillow talk? the video? I literally can't stop listening to it. and for it to be his first single I think he did pretty amazing, of course. the album needs to come out like tomorrow, idk how much longer I can wait.

AND OF COURSE!!! what kind of person would I be if I didn't I congratulate Louis and Briana on welcoming their first child!! omggggg honestly, I'm super happy for them and truly wish them the best. I think they deserve it.

((JUST A TAD DISAPPOINTED THO THAT BABY OLIVER TURNED OUT TO BE BABY FREDDIE INSTEAD BUT I WAS SOOOO CLOSE AHLGJF))

okay that's it. thanks for reading, hope you all enjoyed this chapter :)

(let's talk on twitter @yrraniaz or on ask.fm @/glitterandgalaxies if you want :))