The Story

5 years ago to the day i became officially the Housekeeping Manager of The Woodland Hotel. One of the most prestigious hotel in the world.

I am joining a team with 6 Supervisors, including Dev. I don't know much about Housekeeping but they are embracing my transfer from Front Desk Manager like I'm a blessing. He and his close Nas, friend who is also one of the housekeeping Supervisor came by my office and welcomed me in their team.

Like I said, I don't know much about Housekeeping but I do know know a lot about leading a team so I sat down with all my supervisors and offered them a barter.

They teach me everything about Housekeeping and I will in turn teach them everything I know about anything that could help them improve their career.

Over the next 10 months, I developed a closeness with Nas but especially Dev. I learned that the two of them knew the most about the operations. He started sending me WhatsAppe messages. In the beginning, we talked a lot about work.
At work, we'd spend time doing the roster and have this crazy meetings with the other supervisors and we talk a lot about naughty stuff.

Now I thought he haven't had any experience in making love but he would always joke that he's interested and that he knows a lot and I would always respond jokingly that he's all bark and no bite.

It's all work jokes and everybody laughs.

But these jokes went into our private WhatsApp conversations until one day, we dared each other to act on it.

And if I thought that he didn't know anything, he made up for it with his enthusiasm and he had a few tricks up his sleeve.

The one time became twice then it became three times until we are planning on taking the same day off together. And from only having sex, we've started going out and doing things people in a relationship does.

After the first time we made love, we talked and decided that we shouldn't fall in love. That what we are are just friends with amazing benefits. Never mind that he would cuddle endless after making love and that he would make me coffee after. It didn't matter that he'd planned to spend a day or a night with me and do the simplest things like walk around a park while holding my hands and tell me stories of his life and his dreams. Never mind that he'd take me to places I've already forgotten. Religion is one thing we shared even though Nationality isn't. So he'd take me to church and bought me presents over Christmas.

We said we'd never fall in love.

But I did.