The Lunch Special

Start from the beginning

No information was distributed to the public about the killings. Almost no information, anyway. While the police had told the media the deaths were commited by the same perp, no name or picture was ever given; he had seen to that. Only people within the department knew his name and used the nickname (Y/N) had coined. He had been rather amused at the thought of being a skeleton; he had taken a liking to them when he was younger, why he didn't know, and still loved them to this day.

He looked the hostess in the eye, still grinning, and asked for a table for two. Sans loved the fact he could do this, speak to people with them unaware of who he was. Beside him, (Y/N) played with something in her pocket, probably a knife or handgun.

She gestured a man over, not much taller than Sans. He had brown hair and a cowlick, brown eyes, slim frame. Sans could easily slaughter him, but there wasn't a reason to; yet.

(Y/N) squealed, hugging the man's arm, which threw Sans for a loop. The man looked confused for a moment, before grinning and hugging her back.

Sans did not like him.

"Feliciano, where have you been?" (Y/N) asked, finally letting go of him.

Sans tuned out of their conversation, instead working out who would pay for their sins next. Muffet had been his target; she was far too greedy for his liking. If Frisk had her, though, then he'd have to hold off on that.

By the time he snapped back into the conversation, they were at the table, and Sans was sitting across from (Y/N). She was giggling at something Feliciano had said. "So, what do you two want to drink?" Feliciano asked, pulling out a pink notepad.
"(Favorite drink), please," (Y/N) hummed, leaning back in her chair.

"Water," Sans grumbled, burrowing into his wet jacket. It was cold and unpleasant, but he didn't have a whole lot of choices.

Feliciano nodded and walked off, humming a tune under his breath. (Y/N) pulled off her jacket and put it on her lap, playing with the fabric. "What's up with you?" She asked, head tilted to the side. A loving look of concern was on her face. Damn it, why is she so cute?

He mumbled something about spaghetti and looked down at the tablecloth. She rested a hand on his arm, bringing him to look up. She grabbed his hand, brows furrowed, (Hair color) hair sparkling from the raindrops weaved through it. He couldn't bring himself to lie to her. "I don't like that Feliciano. He talks too much, and he's all over you, and-"

"Sans, are you jealous?" She asked, incredulous. He nodded, looking down again. Embarrasment churned in his stomach, his ears burning. "Sweetheart," she cooed, grinning, "Feli is like my baby brother, it'd be hella weird if I was gonna date him or something. Now, his brother. . ."

Sans scowled, glaring at her. She laughed, bowing her head. Looking back up at him, (eye color) orbs shining, she squeezed his hand. "Relax, Sans. Lovino is a huge asshole, and so am I, that'd be too much sass if we started dating. Though, it'd be hella fabulous, it'd be rather overwhelming. That, and he has a boyfriend. Antonio and him make such a cute couple, my OTP. One of my many OTPs, but that's not my point."

Feliciano walked over, setting down their drinks. "(Y/N)-chan, Lovino is not dating Antonio."

"Feli-chan, yeah he is. He's gay, babe," (Y/N) purred, grinning sadistically. To see that grin, it excited him greatly, for a reason he couldn't explain. She pulled out her phone and Feliciano a picture.

"Wh-why do you have that?!" He squealed, cheeks bright red.

She laughed, hand resting on her stomach. "Blackmail purposes, Feli-chan." He stammered something about breadsticks and scampered away.

"What in the hell did you show him?" Sans asked, raising a brow.

She giggled and put her phone to the side. "Well, let's just say Lovino sent me a very interesting picture on accident, one that was supposed to go to Antonio."

He chose not to ask further, but his mind was still churning. "Okay then. Remind me not to send you pictures."

She rolled her eyes and grinned. "Alright. Anyway, Lovi is gay, and Feli is dating Ludwig, so you don't have to fret. Though, Alfred. . ."

He hit her arm, pouting playfully. She laughed again, hiding her face behind her hand as she did. "He's dating Arthur, according to Kiku, but how much truth is to that, I couldn't say."

"I'll pretend to have understood any of that'" Sans said, causing (Y/N) to laugh again.

-----------------------------------------------

". . . so, we were all standing around the guy, and Freddy whispers, 'how did they fit that up his rectum?' Understand, this was longer than my arm, and thicker than a trombone. There were no signs of internal damage, so we were clueless. Chica slides up next to me, and I shit you not, says, 'Freddy, you have lots of experience shoving things up your ass, how'd he do it?' We all started choking, and Freddy's just glaring at us all. It was beautiful." (Y/N) had been telling Sans a story of one of her first cases. Admittedly, he had thought the lunch would be full of awkward silences and probing questions, but he found it easy to talk to the detective.

Feliciano came over, taking the bill with him (Sans had paid, despite (Y/N)'s objections). "Hey, Sans?" The girl of his thoughts was looking at him shyly, head slightly bent. "Uh, thanks. I had a lot of fun, surprisingly."

"You saying you thought I wasn't fun?" Sans jokingly asked. She hit his arm, laughing again. Feliciano came back to bid them goodbye, hugging (Y/N) (much to Sans' aggrivation). The two slowly walked out of the restaurant, holding hands for whatever reason.

It seened almost to good to be true. The sun was shining, birds were singing, everything seemed right.

Isn't it at the best of times that things turn to shit?

(Y/N)'s phone rang. The detective released Sans' hand, taking a step to the side. "Aye, Tori, what's up?" Her expression changed from one of joy to one of horror, face pale and eyes hollow. "A-alright, I'll find her." She hung up, trembling.

Sans quickly hugged her, sheltering her from. . . Whatever it was that was scaring her. "What happened?" He whispered.

"Um, Frisk has multiple personalities. The other one rarely comes out, but when they do, i-it's not pleasant. Very, very violent. And, uh, they've taken hostages." Sans felt a chill run down his spine, leading him to grip the cop harder. "Sans, they have Papyrus, Muffet, and Dimitri."

Someone's gonna have a bad time.

(A/N: Hey guys! I really wanted to do a whole date thing, but I figured I should get y'all a chapter. The plot is picking up, dears. Who will live? Who will die? Will we get to see Sans be psychotic? Who knows! Not me, that's for sure.)