Keep Me Safe

I'm walking down the street a little bit late at night. I had gone to a party at my friends house and time got away from me. I just know my family must be worried sick. I pull a little on the edge of my cap as I pass under the empty cities steet lights. The moon is full and the night air warm. But something feels wrong. I don't really want to know what it is, though. The chances are, if I find out what it is, like say, if it were a person, it might not be too happy with that. Though who would be wandering around Sacramento California at eleven o'clock at night? I can just imagine the lecture I'm gonna get when I get home. I pass by the park that my family frecuently visits. The same feeling creeps over me again. I'm frightened even though I'm not sure if it's just my imagination or not. But my curiosity is increasing and I have to know whether or not I'm just imagining. I pull a small hand mirror that has blush in it up, and pretend to be applying blush. And that's when I see him. Shadow man, I call him. He's standing ten feet away from me behind a tree.

And I'm standing in the middle of nowhere. 

I slowly put my blush container back in my pocket and walk normally like I was before. I'm hoping that if I act like I don't know he's there nothing will happen. But I'm the quiet shy type and I'm down right terrified. I hear his foot steps getting closer and I the first thing that comes to mind that'll make me go faster, withouth any suspision, is to skip like a girly-girl. His foot steps are still getting closer and I know that I'm near my home. So I don't take anymore chances. I run for my life, and he runs too. I turn back briefly to see how close he is. He's only five feet away from me. I try to increase my speed, but at the last second, only a block away from my house. It happeneds. I fall over on the side walk, and by the time I realize how awful this actually is, he has me up and in his arms and his hand over my mouth.  

I want to scream, but I can't find my voice. I try to struggle, but he's got me to tight. He drage me down to a white van. "This is it. My life is over." I think to myself. And all of this because I'm bad at keeping time. wow. He pushes me into the van and tapes my mouth, arms and legs. I hear the sound of the van turn on and that's it. I'm done for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a whole day, and we still haven't stopped. There goes the tiny bit of hope I had left that I'd actually escape and get home. finally, after long last the van comes to a hault. I hear "Shadow Man" get out and he comes around the back. He opens the doors and carries me to his house. He drops me on the floor and drags me to his basement. He takes the tape off my legs and my hands, but then he chains me to the floor. He takes the tape off my mouth and says in a creepy dark voice. "I've sound proofed my basement. No one can here you scream." He get's up and goes upstairs.

I don't care what he said, maybe it will work. "HELP!" I scream at the top of my lungs. "HELP ME SOMEBODY!!" I wait for a while. Nothing. Maybe he was right. I'm gonna try to escape now. I reach a foot away from my right hand where a file is laying on the ground. It's only three inches out of grasp. I cry, but then I start hearing his voice upstairs. What is he doing? Whatever it is, it can't be good. He walks down the stairs and looks at me evily. "Little girl. I'm going to sell you to someone, and you won't be doing any complaining or I'll smack you with a broom." I press my lips tightly together. What did he mean by "Sell me". If he means what I think he means. This is gonna be really bad. He walks over to me and garbs my chin and looks me dead in the eye. "You don't have any complaints do you?" He asks, in a ruff tone. I shake my head slightly. He lets go of my chin. "Good." He walks up the stairs and locks the door. 

I stare at the floor and think things over. What will happen to me? It's hard to believe that just yesterday I was with my family and begging them to let me go to the party by myself... even though I'm not old enough to drive yet. I wish they had never let me go. I would be curled up in my bed right now. Falling asleep, but no. I'm locked up in a basement undernethe the house of a crazy person. He walks down the stairs again. "And on the off chance that I accidentally sell you to a nice person, just know this. I know where you live, and I will find you, and I will kill you." He says this in such a way, that makes me know he's not joking. He leaves again. I hope he doesn't come back. I start trying to think of something to do that'll get my mind off things. Singing has always made me feel better, but my singing is nothing compared to my sisters. I take a deep breath and sing part of the first song that comes to mind.
As long as you love me,
We could be starving,
We could be homeless,
We could be broke,
As long as you love me,
I'll be your platinum,
I'll be your silver,
I'll be your gold.
As long as you,
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-love me.
As long as you, 
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-love me."