One

The cold wind nipped on my skin as I shivered making me hug my coat tightly. Sobs filled the atmosphere while flowers are gently placed on the cold, black coffin. I stood there completely feeling numb as tears rolled down my cheeks. The feeling of complete pain and agony filled my entire being as my cold hands trembled when I placed the flower on the coffin where the man I loved the most laid.

I wanted to scream and run to get away from all of these and convince myself that this was all just a bad dream, but no. This is too real. I remained there frozen and almost lifeless.

I closed my eyes and let the tears flow down my cheeks as the coffin was slowly lowered under the ground. I took my last glance on the coffin before I turned away and almost lost my balance as my knees started to feel weaker.

Two arms protectively wrapped around my small form giving me warmth while I sobbed uncontrollably as his other hand rubbed my back to comfort me.

Each memories rushed like a river to my senses and I know for sure that he's gone forever. He's now lost in his never ending slumber but I wish he would wake up one day and tell me it's okay. But no. He's gone and I miss him already.

"Liam, he's gone. Dad is gone." I managed to say between sobs as I tightly gripped on his shirt feeling the weigh of the whole world on my shoulder.

I wish I've told you how much you mean to me, Dad. I regretted that I never spent so much time with my father because I'm always with Harry these past weeks.

Goodbye, Dad. I love you so much. I continued to cry and bit my lip as I could already taste blood.

Liam loosened his hug and faced me. "Lia, I promise you that from now on, I won't let anyone lay a single finger on you. As your big brother, I promised Dad that I'm gonna protect you no matter what and I swear to God, whoever did this to him will suffer more than what he did to Dad" his voice laced with anger and danger on it.

I nodded and Liam hugged me again making me feel warm as I sobbed quietly on his chest.

Liam was never the type of guy who looks intimidating at all and it's true considering that he's a very loving and protective brother to me for the last 18 years of my life. He and father got the same exact brown eyes that held authority in them but I always see them as the softest coffee-colored orbs that always looks at me with pure adoration.

Liam's soft features makes him look like he won't dare to hurt a single bug but when his overprotective side got the best of him, especially when it comes to me, he could be really violent and brutal.

I remember one time, when I was in highschool and was bullied by this guy named Ricky, Liam was so pissed when he learned about it and swore to cut his balls off. I was really afraid of what Liam was really capable of doing. The news of Ricky being beaten up, spread like wildfire in our school the next day. He was hospitalized after it and was traumatized to even spill who did that to him. No one knew who really beat him but I knew it was Liam. Ricky never bullied me again after that and even transferred school a few weeks later.

I scanned my surroundings and looked for the familiar brown mops of curls, adorned with two emerald orbs, but failed to find them. He's not here. The feeling of disappointment washed away the comfort I felt with Liam that he wasn't here. Harry.

Liam and I are now sitting inside his car as he started the engine and drove back to our house. I checked my phone and saw Harry's message.

Harry: Hey babe. I'm sorry I can't be there. There's an emergency but promise, I'll call you later as soon as this will all be fixed. I love you. H xx

I curled my fists into a ball as I remained my composure, trying not to catch Liam's attention. I'm just completely pissed with Harry right now but I can't do anything rather than just hold a grudge on him. I glanced at Liam's side and thanked God that his full attention is on the road.

How could Harry put his stupid 'work' first than me? He's so insensitive and he knew I needed him most now that Dad is gone. Sometimes I wonder if he really do love me. Maybe I was just being too paranoid but you can't just blame me for feeling less important to Harry. He's been really busy with his 'work' these past few days and whenever I would try to ask him what this 'work' of his was about, he would snap at me and would lead us into arguments because he thought I was being too nosy and he would keep on insisting that I don't trust him anymore. 

Sometimes I wanted to believe that maybe I really don't trust him anymore or maybe I don't really know Harry at all but the little hope that I am  clinging to, that one day Harry would change, is the one holding our relationship right now. I tried to end  our relationship many times but he would always come to me on bended knees later and would beg me for forgiveness. He would be extremely sweet that day but would come back to his usual self the next day. It seems like he was so oblivious about everything and I hated it.

I love Harry.

But do I still love him or was I just forcing myself to?

*****************************************************************************************************

Yayyy another update :) I'm sorry if this chapter sucks but I'll try to update again next time for y'all lovely people. 

Please let me know your feedbacks and I would really appreciate it :)

I love y'all :)

-Jeah xx