Almost

"Agh!" Ed yells. "Doctor Marcoh's research is gone!"

I shake my head and run a hand through my hair. I can't believe this. The library burned down. When we finally have some lead, something like this happens. I know Ed and Al, must be really upset. I am as well, but not as much as them.

"Why don't we go inside and check if all the books are burned," I question. "Maybe, by some luck, some of them survived."

"It's worth a shot I guess," Ed answers as he shrugs his shoulders.

Walking, I hear some type of noise. Looking behind me, I shrug when I see nothing and continue onwards into the library.

Inside, Ed kneels down slightly and checks a burnt book. "There's nothing left here but ashes. Everything's gone." The book falls into ashes at his touch.

Ed stands and looks down at the ground. I walk up and pat his shoulder.

The small silence we had was disturbed by a yell calling for Armstrong.

We turn around and see two people saluting us, or mostly just at the Major.

"Ah, Second Lieutenant Ross and Sergeant Brosh, to what do we owe this pleasure?," the Major asks them.

"You have been order to report back to the Command Central air," Ross starts.

"We'll be taking over supervision of Edward Elric, his brother, and his friend affective immediately," Bosh finishes.

"Hm. Very well," Armstrong smiles with his eyes closed as he sparkles. "He's yours."

"What is this?" Ed places both his hands on the sides of his head. "Just when I think I'm home free, they saddle me with more bodyguards? This is getting old!"

I snicker and look at Ed.

"This isn't funny!," he yells at me.

"Yes of course," I grin at him.

"Yes well," Ross starts off. "Let's make our way into the car please."

We nod and make our way into the car. On the road, we tell Ross the reason why Ed's upset and she helps up with a bit of information.

"All might not be lost," Ross smiles. "There's a woman who is well aquatinted with the materials in the first branch."

Ed gasps quietly, now listening closely.

"Unfortunately," she states. "She wasn't working there anymore."

Mad, Ed crosses his arms over his chest. "That sounds incredibly helpful."

"Now Ed," I scold. "She was trying to help."

"Hmph."

"Something wrong?," Al breaks the small silence.

"Oh, it's nothing," Brosh speaks. "Although if you don't mind me asking, why are you wearing a suit of armor?"

Ed and Al look at each other quickly while I stifle a laugh. Putting a hand over my mouth, Ed and Al say, "It's a hobby!"

Both talk secretly behind their hands while the brothers look out the side window. I look at the window at the back of the car.