T H R E E

"THE CRAVING."

>>>>

a/n:

QUESTION 4 U:

Is there any Undertale character you don't particularly like? Or feel weird toward / hold a slight grudge against?

ANSWER 5 ME:

Nope. I love all of them. Every single one. Flowey. Annoying dog. Jerry. All of them. Even the mad dummy. Who was a complete dicker (reading through to edit this, and I'm asking myself what the fuck a dicker is) to fight, but I love him anyway.

I've got this weird shame-grudge against monster kid, though. When I was playing pacifist, and the part where they're falling off the bridge, and Undyne is coming... I uh... kinda sat there for a second, and turned and ran.

Only thought going through my head then tbh: "LMAAAOOOO BYEEEE!"

Wow, I'm a big jerk. Afterwards I felt so bad about it though. And in my second play through of pacifist, I messed up again. Messed up on purpose, kinda. I wanted to charge Undyne and so I just...

Yep.

The kid didn't talk to me after that.

//sobs.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter! <3

>>>>

{your p.o.v.}

>>>>

The walk is ridiculously long. So ridiculously long, that you run out of food on the fourth day of travelling. Are you even that close to the town? You've made a really grave mistake. With another dawning realization just over the horizon, you shake your backpack. It's a nifty thing called a camel-back, and it has a bunch of water stored in it that's right at your fingertips.

What luck you have!

It's nearly empty.

And there are no sounds of running water in the small forest path you're walking. How screwed are you if we ranked it on a one to ten scale? Probably an eleven. Taking a breath, you try and steel your emotions. Some rustling sounds come from your left. Turning quickly, you shakily pull out the knife you brought.

Not like you're capable of using it, but it's a nice comfort.

Throughout the days you've been walking, everything has been slightly off. First it was the way the grass rustled, even when the breeze wasn't blowing. It could be an animal, of course. This is a forest, dummy. But the presence felt so wrong, so off that it just couldn't be ignored. Maybe it was the emptiness. You suppose that an empty presence is scarier than an angry one.

With a trembling voice, you speak up.

"Who are you?" Of course, there's no answer. For a while you stand and stare at the bushes. But you're wasting your time. The faster you get to a food or water source, the better. Taking a deep breath, you tighten your grip on the stick and continue walking.

>>>>

The city can't be this far away. There's no way that you are still far away. But you feel like you've been going in circles for hours now. Lost? No, you're too proud to admit that. Taking a brief break, you sling off your backpack and lean against a tree.

Without meaning to, your eyes slowly drift shut.

You don't really dream, but in the depths of your very being... your consciousness, it screams.