Carl Grimes #4

"Just do one last thing. Kiss me."

*Carl's POV* (A little change)

I woke up and felt dread weigh me down. I didn't remember why at first, but then it hit me.

I jumped out of bed and ran outside to the convoy that was gathering for today's run. I ran to Y/N, who was throwing guns into the trunk of one of the cars.

"Y/N!"

She turned and looked at me.

"Be careful. Please."

"I will. Don't worry. I love you."

"I love you too," she said as she got in the car. Everyone else loaded up and started to drive off.

Before her car pulled away, I yanked the door open. Everyone jumped and Maggie slammed on the brakes.

"Sorry. Just, do one last thing."

"Carl, what is it?"

"Kiss me."

She leaned out of the car and kissed me, and not just a peck. It was more passionate, more desperate. Like we would never see each other again.

Stop thinking like that, I scolded myself.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Be careful. Come back to me."

"I will."

And with that, she shut the door and the car rolled away.

*Your POV*

I felt dread fill my stomach as I closed the door.

"What was that about?" Maggie asked from the front seat.

"I don't know. I guess he feels it too."

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach."

"I don't believe in bad feelings," she said.

*Time Skip to Location*

We rolled into the abandoned parking lot of the mall. It looked clear, but looks can be deceiving.

"Alright team. Be careful. We don't know what we have in there. Don't risk anyone living. We don't have the room anyway."

I checked the clip in my pistol and made sure I had my knife. I slung an empty backpack over my shoulder so that I could carry supplies easily.

"I call Glenn," I said as we walked towards the entrance.

"Fair enough," he said as we knocked on the glass.

"Everybody be quiet," Daryl said as the walkers slowly started coming towards the glass. After a minute, we figured they had all collected.

"Conserve bullets. Only use your guns if you need to. We don't know how many of these things are in here. Don't need the noise drawing more out," Maggie said as she yanked the door open.

A dozen walkers emerged, easy enough for four people to handle. We all started killing them, finishing the job quickly.

"Stay close. Don't do anything stupid."

Me and Glenn went right, while Maggie and Daryl went straight.

We entered the food court, which was surprisingly empty.

I motioned for him to check behind the counters, while I did a perimeter check for hidden walkers.

"Find anything?" I asked as Glenn came up from behind the counter of a frozen yogurt stand. He placed a large can of fruit cocktail on the counter.