Carl Grimes #1

*Your POV*

I arose to the sound of birds chirping. I noticed that Carl had already gotten up, so I pulled on a pair of shorts and a clean t shirt and skipped outside. I was subconsciously smiling, more thrilled than I had ever been before.

"Hey Carl."

"Good morning gorgeous."

"I have something to tell you."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Well," I said teasingly.

"C'mon Y/N, just tell me."

I grinned devilishly. "Carl, I'm-"

"Carl! Get over here and help me! We have to get the vegetables in before the weather gets bad."

"I'm sorry Y/N. Tell me later, okay?"

"Alright. Be careful. I love you."

"I love you too."

He walked off, placing his hat atop his head. I smiled and turned on my heel to go back to our cell.

*3 hours later*

I layed on our bed in the cell, listening to the rain pattering against the roof. I was reading a book, close to dozing off.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart," Carl said as he came in, soaking wet.

"What happened?" I asked as Carl took his shirt off, obviously shivering.

"My dad insisted that we get the crops in. It just started pouring. But I'm alright."

"Bull shit. You're freezing!"

"I swear, I'm fine. What did you need to tell me?"

"How are you with kids?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Just answer the question."

"Limited experience, but good. Why?"

I leaned in close enough for my breath to tickle his ear.

"I'm pregnant," I whispered. I stepped back to observe the look on his face. His jaw dropped and his eyes widened.

"You're kidding."

"Nope. Dead serious."

"Oh my god! I love you so much Y/N!"

*8 months later (to make it interesting)*

I rolled out of bed and groaned as I stretched my sore back. My belly jutted out, making it impossible to see my feet. I slipped into my flip flops and walked (more like waddled) down the stairs and grabbed a granola bar. Carol was at a large pan that appeared to contain cubes of meat.

"Is that deer?"

"Yes. Daryl shot it this morning."

"Sweet," I muttered as I bit into the granola bar. I chewed it a few times before spitting it out in shock. I inhaled sharply as a pain much like that of a knife tore through my abdomen.

"Y/N! What's wrong?"

I panted and groaned a little as the pain finally passed.

"Are you okay?"

"I- I don't know," I said worriedly.

"Can you make it to the infirmary?"

"I think so. I have to go get Carl."

"No. We don't know what's going on."

"I have to. I'll be alright."

Before she could protest, I rose and made my way into the garden. Carl was hunched over, pulling weeds from around some of the plants.

"Carl! Come here!"

He looked up and saw me. He started jogging over, a worried expression on his face.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I was eating a granola bar and it felt like someone was stabbing me. I think something is wrong with the baby."

"Oh god. We have to get to the infirmary."

He looped his arm around my waist and we started walking, trying to make it to the infirmary. As we were walking, I felt something trickle down my leg.

"Carl. My water just broke."

His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"I'll carry you. It'll be faster."

"Carl I'm a hundred and thirty-five pounds. You can't carry me."

"Yes I can. I don't want you walking if you're in pain."

"I'm fine!"

"Just let me carry you."

I huffed as he picked me up seemingly with ease and started walking again. We made it to the infirmary just in time. I sat on the bed right as another one of the pains started. I cried out as the new doctor guy walked in.

"Hello Y/N. What can I do for you?"

"Tell me what the hell is going on!"

"What do you mean?"

"Well something is happening."

"Tell me your symptoms."

"It feels like someone is stabbing me in the stomach!" I screeched angrily.

"Has your water broke?"

"I think that's what happened."

"Ah, good. You're in labor. How long have you been feeling contractions?"

"What?"

"Those pains. Those are contractions. They help widen the birth canal and move the baby down. How long?"

"Oh. About ten minutes, I'd say."

"Alright. How far apart?"

"I don't know. That was my second one."

"I see. Well, we'll have to see how the contractions progress."

"Ugh. Can I at least have some drugs?"

He chuckled.

"Let me take your vitals first."

He started taking my blood pressure and heart rate. He stopped and write something on a clipboard.

"Everything looks normal. Do you have any drug allergies?"

"No."

"Good."

He stabbed a needle in my arm and hooked it up to an IV bag.

*An Hour Later*

I huffed and puffed as the doctor examined me once again.

"Good news! It's time to start pushing. When I say so, push. Ready?"

I nodded.

"Push!"

I pushed for a solid thirty seconds before stopping to catch my breath.

"You're doing great, but you need to push again."

I bit my lip as I pushed once more. I kept pushing until I heard the cries of my baby. I looked up to see the doctor holding my child.

"A baby boy. What do you want to name him?"

I looked at Carl as my son was placed in my arms.

"Jacob Mason," I said compulsively.

Carl smiled at me.

"I love it."