One

"Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. " - Richard Bach

_______________________________________

"Lights. Camera. Action." I told myself before the driver could open the door. Looking through the window I can already feel the heat of a camera's flash and people throwing question after question. I took a deep breath and formed a smile invited by what I had expected.

"Gigi! Gigi! Gigi!" 

"Gigi! jdhfklsdnglkfngal"

"Gigi, dbfjkbdsjhorufhkdvndslknfvlrasnk"

In red carpet events like this, I've already mastered the art of muting everybody to avoid distraction. The only job that I have to do here with all honesty is to 'smile, pose, and wave', answering questions isn't a mandatory thing, it has always been optional and my option happens to be 'ignore'. 

I entered the club and everybody seemed to be wasted this early which is perfect because I'm the type who would rather be invisible in a crowded room than be the life of the party. I found my seat next to the bar counter because my friends' table seemed to be occupied by IMMA (International Male Models Agency) newbies; the press peeps are inside doing their interview and I'm trying to avoid their gaze as much as possible, I mean, who know's what they're going to ask? 

"One scotch, ?" I asked the bartender. 

"Coming right at you" he replied.

I nodded a thank you before I realize who's sitting beside me, Zayn. The first member who left the world's most popular band -- One Direction. I tried my best to avoid looking at him as he looked at his drink with amusement, like he's thinking of something deep. We aren't really close, I mean, we've seen each other, we have mutual friends, but that's just been it.  I decided to completely look away, diverting my gaze to  the dance floor filled with dancing models and socialites.

  "Not your type of crowd?" a familiar voice spoke and I knew it was him.

"Why do you say so?" I asked back looking at his deep brown eyes. I've never had the chance to look at him this close, I never knew he had such mysterious eyes. 

 "Nothing, just guessing." He looked back at me like he's trying to read my mind and just like he's on queue, the bartender handed me my scotch. "Thank You" I said.

"cheers?" he lifted his glass of whiskey and I lifted mine as we toast. "cheers." 

 "If I ask you to come with me tonight, will you say 'yes'?" he asked out of ths blue. 

"and where will you take me if I did?" I took a quick sip of my drink noticing his eyes not leaving mine as we speak.

 "that's for you to find out once you did" he said.   

"a hint?" I want to know what he has in mind. It just felt weird of him to ask me to go somewhere with him at this hour, without even beating around the bush.

"I don't know, but I bet you'll like it" He said, assuring me.

"Are you really like this, Zayn?"

"Spontaneous?" He raised his eyebrows, like he knows what he's doing and what he's going to answer. 

don't get fooled by a hot musician's charms...

did i just call him 'hot'?

oh my gosh

"You're funny" 

"So, what do you say?" He asked again, and there I was thinking that he'll never ask again. I don't know why, but I feel like it's a great idea to hide away from the cameras and all these people, even if it's with Zayn. I mean, he's a friend of my friends, he seems harmless and he's pretty nice. Not unless, the media's gonna make a huge fuss about it creating another rumor mill.

"Gigi!" a pretty familiar voice called me --Jack.

"There you are I've been looking all over for you, thought you won't come!" he kissed me on the cheek snaking his hands around me. "Jack!" was all I could say.

"Hey man!" Jack noticed Zayn beside me giving him a fist shake -- if that's what men call it. "Jack," he replied acknowledging the greeting.

"Gigi, babe. Mr. Maroonie has been asking me a lot about you, he said he wanted to meet you so you can talk about business." Jack said. "Oh, yeah of course." I replied, quite hesitant because I'm not in the best mood to interact about business.

"Zayn, would you mind?" he asked tightening his grip around me.

"No; I'm going anyway." Zayn said looking away.

"Oh" I was about to ask why but it didn't feel right, for some reason.

A few dead air filled the noise and I can't look at Zayn straight in the eyes for some reason.

"Enjoy the party, Jack...Gigi" the way he said my name felt different, but it doesn't matter feeling this way anyways. I'm with Jack now, so I don't need to feel all different towards another guy, it's just not right. He's just a puzzle I wanted to assemble for the night.

"Goodbye" I said. He gave Jack a quick tap, and me a small smile and a nod as he turned to put his glass on the counter and before I knew it, he's nowhere to be found.

___________

a/n:  So.. what do you guys think? comment down below!

And has anyone seen Pillowtalk? Zigi shippers? the chemistry between the two are highly undeniable <3 Spread the love!