Chapter 6

"Scarlet Romanoff. Just the person I need around right now." Agent Hill sighed and sunk back down into her chair. She looked tired and stressed, but that wasn't unusual. It was unusual for her to not want me around. Normally I would just march into her office after a stressful class and we would talk about how much fun it is being part of the Avengers.

"Agent Hill are you okay?" I know I'm not the most sensitive person in the world, but if this stress involved the Avengers, I needed to know. Agent Hill just looked down at Sienna and I as we stood in front of her desk. While I was waiting for an answer I could see Sienna fiddling with her dagger. Hopefully she wasn't planning on assassinating the principal.

"I'm fine." Somehow she didn't sound convincing. Sienna looked up at Agent Hill every few minutes but she seemed otherwise occupied with her dagger. There was something about it that just didn't seem right.

"You don't seem fine. Tell me what's going on."

"This is adult business Scarlet. It would be best if you stayed out of it." Now that was rude. Why do adults always think that I'm not responsible enough to know important information? I have the exact same right as them to know.

"When do I ever stay out of other people's business? I like to cause trouble by doing so. Now what is the problem that is stressing you out!" The glass on the desk shook a little bit but I couldn't imagine my yelling being that loud.

"If only you weren't such a troublemaker," Agent Hill smiled. What was that supposed to mean. '

"I don't follow." My comment was kind of bland but it got the message through. I had no idea what Agent Hill was talking about which was highly unusual.

"You don't have to Scarlet. Now I believe that your friend here is new." The principal looked back at a Sienna who quickly slid her dagger into her pocket when she realised she was being watched. Sienna sat down at the desk and began to fill in her details. I can't believe that Agent Hill was ignoring the subject. What had I done wrong this time? It clearly had something to do with my constant mischief making. If it didn't Agent Hill wouldn't have brought up the fact that I was a troublemaker. Even though it is one hundred percent true.

I stood in the corner of the office and watched the two chat about school things that I really couldn't care about. The only thing I could think about was whatever Agent Hill was hiding. I was going to make it my business to find out what was going on. That would be my first priority. Now, how do you discover what someone's hiding? You spy on them of course! What a fun thing to do.

***

"I'm not sure this is legal." Nathaniel was all jittery and nervous. He was unsure about spying on a teacher. Apparently it could result in us getting expelled. The only one worrying about expulsion was Nathaniel. He had never even gotten a detention, let alone becoming expelled. Being a goody two shoes isn't really the best reputation for a ten year old boy anyway. This would fix that reputation right up.

"It's also not legal to bring a weapon to school but I do it." Sienna started waving her dagger around in the air so Nathaniel could get a clear view of it. Nathaniel just bent backwards to avoid getting whacked by it. Not that I could blame him for not wanting to get cut.

We were sitting out on the playground under the big oak tree. It was difficult to sit anywhere else because they don't let boys and girls into each other's rooms. I'm not entirely sure why but I think it has to do with the older kids. The middle school girls always seem to be hanging around the boys their age. I really don't understand how this school works.

"You nerds plotting something?" I turned to see the annoying James Stark standing behind us with his usual group of jerks. I hated how James always acted so cool. If anyone was the nerd it was him. He was so smart that he skipped year three and went straight to year four. If I remember anything my Mom told me about the Stark's, it is to avoid them. Apparently they are smart billionaires with big egos.