Part 5: Vivian

"Piper, Vivian, more stretching less talking." Julie our coach calls.

I groan but do as she says, making witty remarks in the audition is probably not the best idea.

I'm feeling pretty good because I've completed the dance audition and only have the tumbling one to go. Plus I train with Julie outside of school in her dance company Spotlight.

Mind you so does Vivian and she auditioned for the school performance team last year (you can only audition for the team when your a senior) and didn't get in. Julie said her tumbling wasn't up to scratch, but she's been really working on it.

"Piper it's your last individual tumble run. Make it count!" Coach Julie grins at me.

I chose a round off back sault and no-handing cartwheel for my other two.

The popular girls that are auditioning are all glaring at me. The only reason they came is because they think football players fall for cheerleaders.

I take a deep breath and do a round off back flip-backflip, landing it perfectly.

It's funny because the performance team isn't even cheerleading and the silly girls are well out of their depth.

I change out of the black dance shorts and singlet I had to wear for the audition and back into my denim shorts and t-shirt.

"So what I was trying to say before was." Vivian says pulling me out of the change rooms.

"You know Alex?" She asks but it's more of a statement than a question.

"Your soon to be husband." I say wiggling my eyebrows.

"Shuts up pie, we aren't even dating."

Pie is her nickname for me. It's like piper but shorter get it? Speaking of nicknames I'll have to tell her about the Mac incident.

"Anyway." She continues. "He told me that his best friend Jacob O'riley, finds
you attractive."

"A footy head thinks I'm cute?" I manage to say between fits of laughter. "You're funny Viv."

Viv is my nickname for her it's like Vivian but shorter get it?

"Not cute pie, really hot, that's what Alex said." Vivian smirks at me.

"W-what? You were being serious?" I say looking at her wide eyed.

"Yeah of course I was."

"Who is this kid?" I inquire suddenly interested in what footy head thinks I'm hot.

"His names Jacob O'riley, he's in my year. He's quite tanned, has ebony curls and hazel eyes." Vivian explains.

"Oh and he's wearing a maroon t-shirt today." She adds quickly

"J?" I mutter, thinking back to the mystery guy.

"You know him?" This time it's Vivian's turn to wiggle her eyebrows.

"Not really." I explain the whole Mac situation to her, leaving out what I heard Alex mutter at the end.

"You should talk to him, he's actually quite nice and surprising smart." She smiles at me.

Even with braces Vivian has a beautiful smile.

I dismiss her silly idea with a wave of my hand.

Squinting as we come out into the sunshine again we realise the bell must have already wrung as students are scurrying from class to class everywhere.

"Bye Viv, catch ya later!" I squeeze her shoulder and starting jogging to my next class, not even waiting for her reply.

I'm almost certain I have ancient history, so I don't bother checking my time table I just keep jogging.

I make it just as everyone has sat down, Clara and Steph are sitting together but they've saved me a seat in front of them .

I dump my bag and start scribbling down the notes, ancient history is a subject that I actually enjoy.

I hope you liked this chapter please vote and comment, much love -NT xx