chapter two - gun

Michael was giggling as they got into Luke's car. 

"Did you really put my school in lockdown?" Michael asked.

Luke removed his hood and sunglasses and nodded. "You gotta go out with a bang, honey."

Michael giggled again. "How'd you do it?"

"With this," Luke smirked, removing the gun from his pants.

"Where'd you get it?" Michael gasped.

Luke shrugged. "I know some people."

Michael squeaked. "Is it real?!"

"Do you wanna find out?" Luke asked, tilting his head while pressing the gun to Michael's stomach.

"No not rea-" Michael was cut off when his hands shot up to his ears as their was a piercing sound.

Michael was frozen, eyes shut tight. He was waiting, waiting for the pain to rip through his body. Or maybe it wouldn't, maybe he was already dead. Maybe getting shot was instant death.

But he wasn't. He opened one eye when he heard loud laughter and then he opened the other.

"Did you really think I'd shoot you?" Luke asked, laughing.

"No," Michael mumbled quietly as he slowly moved his hands to lap.

"Nah, you're too cute to shoot anyways," Luke laughed again, starting the car.

Michael blushed. 

"It's just a prop gun." Luke said as he ripped out of the parking lot. "We better get going before the police show up."

Michael giggled again. "Wow! You're so badass."

Luke snorted as he speeded down the road. "Don't swear, love. You're too adorable for that kind of language."

Michael blushed and looked down. "Sorry.. Where are we going?"

"Anywhere you want to go, gorgeous," Luke smiled.

"Away..." Michael mumbled.

Michael came from a not-so-family family. His mom was a hooker and a drug addict. His dad was a drug dealer. Growing up was rough for Michael. He grew up complete opposite from his parents. He was more innocent, quiet and scared.

Michael was raised by his older brother, Riley, who was opposite from their parents too. Riley is three years older than Michael, just like Luke is. And that's how Michael know's Luke, he is friends with his brother. 

Luke knew about their family, he always told Michael since they were little that one day they would leave. They would leave and never look back. Luke stuck to that promise.

"Then away we go."

woah okay i know it's short, but im sick. :( i just wanted to update for you guys. thank you for reading, i hope you're enjoying so far. <3