Chapter Fourteen

Jude manages to trap me after school as well, applying his lips all over any visible skin I had on show, in an extremely inappropriate, but extremely hot way, so I end up arriving home much later than I’d like. And, although, kissing Jude isn’t bad at all, I have an essay I need to do for tomorrow.

Damn. I’d completely forgotten, thanks to Jude’s lips trailing across my skin, that I had to do a History essay for first lesson tomorrow. I glance at my watch. Either I stay up all night, and do a rubbish essay, or I start it, and make my excuses tomorrow. Staying up all night will definitely not agree with me, and doing dancing after school tomorrow on no sleep is pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Jude always gets away with not doing essays, I remind myself, and so I begin to write it reluctantly, stopping when I’m tired, and going straight to bed.

I still feel guilty for not doing it- I’ve always been a good girl in classes. Is Jude a bad influence on me?

In the dark solitude of the night, the silent household leaving me entirely alone with only my thoughts, my mind wanders to Jude. The feelings he makes wash over me are… well, I’d never dreamt that I could feel like that.

But still. I’m not as happy as all the in love couples are meant to be. Instead I just feel, well, almost as if I’m being used as just someone for him to kiss. Does he even care about my personality?

That’s the thing with Jude. I never know if he’s serious, or if he’s just fooling around. I’m probably just being the typical girl- over analytical and worrying about minor things, but something just doesn’t seem right.

I fall asleep eventually, my mind still spinning with thoughts, and my dreams are infected with Jude, his smile, his eyes… the feeling of his lips on mine haunting me even as I sleep.

*
In History the next day, I go to the lesson feeling kind of nauseous, thanks to the guilt of not doing the essay. When the teacher comes round to collect our essays, I feel my cheeks warm.

‘Er, I’m afraid I haven’t finished it, miss,’ I say, feeling embarrassed. Jude’s watching me with an amused expression.

The teacher looks at me. ‘Well, Kyra, I must say, I’m disappointed. I’d hoped that your attitude would rub off of Jude, but it seems that the opposite has happened.’

‘I’m sorry,’ I murmur. ‘I’ll have it done by tomorrow.’

‘Hm.’ The teacher walks away, looking unimpressed. I let out a sigh.

Jude laughs. ‘Chill out, Foxy,’ he tells me, resting his hand on the top of my thigh, rather intimately. ‘It’s not the end of the world.’

I scowl at him. ‘Alright for you, isn’t it, Mr I’ve-never-written-an-essay-in-my-life.’

Of course, he hadn’t handed his in either.

He raises an eyebrow. ’There are some things in life more important than handing in essays, Ky,’ he says.

‘I know,’ I reply indignantly. ‘But kissing isn’t more important, is it?’

I don’t know why this makes him laugh, but it annoys me even more. He rubs his thumb in little circles on my leg, a sensation that’s rather nice, it has to be said. But probably far too intimate for class.

If he’s so scared of making our relationship public, he certainly doesn’t seem to mind doing little public displays of affection like this. It makes me wonder what he’d do if we were publicly dating each other; would he start making out with me in the middle of the Sixth Form Centre? Knowing Jude, he probably would.

‘Foxy, Foxy,  Foxy,’ he says, sexily. ‘I think I need to help you to forget some of your worries, don’t I?’

I shake my head, biting my bottom lip to stop myself from throwing myself at him and kissing him. His lips just look so… appetizing.

‘Don’t bite your lip,’ he scolds me. ‘That’s my job.’

And I soon find out that he seems to believe that it definitely is. During our dance rehearsal, despite my efforts to carry on as normal, we find ourselves kissing, just kissing.

We manage about one run through, and even that ended with me in a rather compromising position as he does his ‘job.’

His hands and knees pinning me to the ground, he hovers over me, kissing my lips, all down my neck, slightly down the top of my t-shirt, then moves back to my lips, biting gently down on my bottom lip and pulling away slightly, something which is extremely raunchy seeing as we’re pretty much in public right now. This is the sort of behaviour which should be confined to the bedroom.

I won’t tell him that. He’d probably whisk me up to his room and do things that are even worse.

Halfway through a kiss, I look over to see that the time has vanished, and that Molly and Dan will be in here soon. I pull myself away from him.

‘We need to go,’ I say, breathlessly, in response to his questioning look.

‘Go where?’ he asks, suggestively raising his eyebrows, and I notice that he looks a bit breathless too. He certainly seems to enjoy these kisses, which I suppose is rather complimentary. I just wish that he enjoyed spending time with me as well as roving his hands and lips all over my body. ‘Did you want to move this to somewhere a little more private, Foxy?’

‘Of course I don’t!’ I reply. ‘The session’s over, we need to go home.’

‘Ahhh, shame,’ he replies. ‘Well, we can carry this on tomorrow.’

‘We have Sarah, though,’ I remind him.

‘Damn. So we can’t just make out?’

‘We didn’t book these sessions just to make out, Jude, they’re here for us to rehearse in,’ I tell him, annoyed at myself for wasting so much time. It sounds as if I’ve turned into Molly- becoming a complete pushover. I’m letting him get away with too much.

‘Oh, sure,’ he says. ‘Hence why you just spent the entire time kissing me. I think you preferred that, didn’t you?’

‘Jude, please. We need to concentrate next time we’re alone.’ The thing is, it’s extremely hard when he’s there, trying to kiss me, and when we’re doing a dance that’s so passionate and close.

‘Yeah. Like that’s going to happen.’

And annoyingly, I think he’s right.

*
The next day, we’re back in the studio, ready to show Sarah what we’ve come up with in the week since she told us about the competition.

The music is turned on- we decided to actually do the version with voices, in the end, as it had more passion than the instrumental- and we begin. We start off apart, Jude striding in time to the music over the my side, taking my hand, pulling me to him roughly as the violins begin to play.

He bends me back, letting me drape myself over his arm, flinging my arms out behind my head. Quickly, he pulls me back in, going to try and kiss me. Improv? Oh help.

I spin out far too quickly, before his lips can meet mine. The dance continues, Jude simultaneously handling me with care, but also with the rough passion of the tango, which leads to an extremely sexy dance.

He leans in once more, this time the look in his eyes telling me that he very much desires me right now. Thinking quickly, I put a finger to his lips and push them gently away, ducking under his arm as if I’m trying to get away from him.

He reacts well, leaning out, grabbing me around the waist, and lifting me into one of the lifts we practised, where he holds me above his head, both of my legs stretched out as if I’m doing the splits. Then, he lets me slide down, so he’s holding me up still, one arm under my knees, the other pressing my head to his chest.

Jude spins us both around, then very smoothly spins me out so I’m stood up. He bends me back leisurely, leaning over me as I do, letting me lock a leg around his own. Then comes the difficult bit.

We move away from each other, as the music builds to the climax. Then, I run at him, leaping into the air, and just as I feel as if I’m about to fall, he catches me gracefully, working it effortlessly into the dance as he always has when we practised it.

The music builds up even more, all the different instruments going at their tunes frantically. Jude lays me on the floor, in the finishing position, and positions himself.
We did it.

I get up quickly, as Jude has that lusty look in his eye again, and brush myself down. Sarah does a round of applause from her perch on a chair, and comes over.

‘That was amazing, guys, truly astounding. I can’t believe that you’ve accomplished that in just under a week: you really have done well.’

‘Thanks,’ I say, glad that she’s satisfied with our work.

‘I love the music choice, and the way that you got into character for the dance so well- I could actually believe you two were a couple right then,’ Sarah continues.

I can’t look at Jude as she says this, because he’s probably smirking. My cheeks feel as if they’re warming up somewhat.

‘What I think you could work on is the story behind it,’ Sarah tells us. ‘From what you’ve done so far, it seems that you, Jude are pursuing you, Kyra, who isn’t as interested?’

I nod.

‘Yes, so the pushing away his attempts to kiss you were one of the parts of the dance that really worked,’ Sarah pauses. ‘I think there needs to be more development in the dance though- if you linger on one of the attempted kisses, as if you almost want to kiss him, it’s showing you changing, isn’t it?’

‘Yes, I had thought about that,’ I explain. ‘Because when I run at him, it’s kind of like a leap of faith- I’m seeing if he will catch me; I guess that could be a metaphor for seeing if he’ll catch me if I fall in love with him.’

‘Exactly!’ Sarah says. ‘That’s the kind of thinking we need! Now, if we run through that again, but try to work on your character development. Jude, you’re doing a good job of leading Kyra, and you really do look as if you’re seduced by her, excellent acting.’

Jude raises an eyebrow at me. ‘Maybe I am seduced,’ he says, teasingly, which makes Sarah laugh, and me roll my eyes. And then the music starts, and we’re off again.

I try to get into character more this time, trying to get away from him, acting as if I’m desperate not to let him seduce me, but at the same time slightly intrigued. It reflects our situation quite well, I can’t help but think.

The session really helps- I feel a lot more enthusiastic about that dance now that Sarah’s given us her seal of approval, and working on our characters might actually distract Jude from kissing. Yeah. I wish. I don’t think even a herd of elephants stampeding through the dance studio would distract Jude from kissing.