Chapter 13

"What do you mean they didn't know you were Red! Why would you hide that from your family, your pack?" He questions me.

As I look at him I can't believe I was stupid enough to tell him that. No one aside from my uncle knows how my old pack treated me. Not even my uncle knows how cruel and mean they were.

"I wanted them to not treat me differently. I wanted to be normal and not be treated like royalty. I mean you know how much I hate being treated like that, how much I dis like the stopping what their doing to bow their heads, the moving out of my way in fear or when they freeze and panic when I speak. I wanted someone to treat me normally. Why not my old pack?" I tell him

"What do you mean your old pack?" He asks me.

"I turned 17 yesterday," he looks at me shocked then mad. "I got to choose if I wanted to stay or leave the pack and I choose to leave and join my uncle's pack. Although I might not even join that pack either. I mean what's the point in joining a pack when I wont be around long enough to actually make friends." As I tell him this I watch him get madder and madder which has me confused about what hes mad about to begin with?

"Why are you getting mad?" I ask him confused.

"What do I have to be mad about?" He practically yells it at me.

"Yea?" I reply.

He starts to walk away from me as I'm still standing in the spot he left me just watching him pace.

"How about the fact that you never told me when your birthday is? Or the fact that you never told me you were leaving your old pack to join your uncles? Or how about the fact that you just turned 17 when all this time I always thought you where older?! Sure not that old but closer to my 24 years than to a teenagers?! Why did you never tell me any of this and now that I'm thinking of this things I'm just realizing that I don't really know anything about you?" He's practically spitting mad by now.

"I now that I've know you as Red for 5 years! So that means that you've been fighting and killing since you where 12?!" He tells me in shock. While he is thinking this things I'm moving inch by inch away from him towards the stairs. When he looks at me, he looks at me with such anguish and pain that I can't help but to run to him and hug his frozen form as if I can make all his pain and suffering disappear just by my will alone.

"You where so young when you became Red." He tells me as if I don't already know. I don't want to look him in the eyes and see the disgust I'm sure to see there. "How could someone send a child to fight our battles? How could someone rob your childhood like that and expect you to kill?" He states although I don't think he is talking to me anymore.

For what seems like the longest time of me just hugging his frozen form, I feel his arms start to lift and I brace myself for him to push me away. As his lifting his hands I'm losening my arms to make it easier on him. But instead of pushing me away Nate crushing me to him and hugs me as if he's never letting go.

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. I'm completely baffled on why would he be hugging me as if his life depended on it.

"I am so sorry my love, I'm so sorry." he just kept repeating over and over while hugging me tighter and tighter. "I cant believe I never noticed how young you where, how innocent you acted.

I push him away or I tried to anyways but he didn't seem like he wanted to let go of me anytime soon. "Your not disgusted with me, or revolted?" I ask him in a scared voice.

When I voiced that out loud he lets go and grabs my face and looks me in the eyes and all I see in his eyes is the love he has for me shinning as bright as ever if not brighter.

"How could I ever feel anything else but love for you, well lust too but that's besides the point right now? I'm just so mad at the person or persons who did this to you, how could they send a 12 year old girl into the world of rouges and hunters and be okay with that?" He questions while again getting mad.

I'm so happy he's not mad at me or disgusted that I pull my face from his hands and kiss him with all the passion I'm feeling. He seems to be feeling as much passion if not more than me if the way he's kissing me is any indication.

As we stand in the living room getting lost in the kiss I hear a door open up stair and little foot steps making there way to the stairs. We just have time to pull away and put some distance between us when I hear the feet reach the top of the stairs. As I look at Nate I can see that were both breathing pretty hard.

"Red?" I hear Xavier's voice say from the top of the stairs were we are still hidden from his view .

"Yea pumpkin." I reply as I wait for my breathing to go back to normal all the while looking at Nate in the eyes and seeing the promise that lies there.

"Just wanted to let you know that were going to sleep now and that I'm going to turn on the baby monitor now." He tells me.

"Thank you for letting me know, sweet dreams and remember if you need anything, anything at all don't hesitate to ask." I tell him.

"I wont." He tells me, although I know he wont come to me and ask when he needs something. As I hear him turn around and walk back to his room I look at Nate as he too starts walking towards me. He looks like a hunter whose about to pounce on his prey and I'm the prey.

As I turn around ready to run I fell Nate pounce on me and I can feel my self falling yet before I hit the ground I have been turned around so that I land on my back and Nate somehow braces my fall so that I don't feel any pain or discomfort. How he did it I have no idea.

Next thing I know he has my hands over my head and he's kissing me senseless.

With one of his hand holding both of mine his other hand is free to wonder down my body all the while he is distracting me with his kisses. We kiss for what seems like hours but in reality is only minutes when we both need air, instead of breaking the kiss he just trails kisses down my neck till he gets to my chest which without me knowing he has somehow ripped my shirt in two.