three

Elora found that practicing magic was easier surrounded by the moss-covered trees than inside of her new home. Her goal was to find a perfect spot in the forest, away from prying eyes, where she could practice in peace and not have to haul her alter around every time she left the house. The stone slab weighed heavily in one of the old canvas bags she carried with her. The altar slapped against her thigh, warning her that there would be a bruise come morning if she didn't find someplace soon.

The wind whispered through the trees to reach her ears. Sweet, melodic songs flowed through the forest, directing Elora to the perfect spot. A godly tree came into view that seemed to take up the whole forest. Elora smiled and set her bag down with a great thud as she reached the base of the great tree. The roots of the tree wound their way around the younger cedars. Elora's hands skimmed the rough bark with a gentle caress. Low murmurs filled her head as her head rested on the callous skin of the elder tree.

The young witch leaned back and admired the twinkling branches of leaves above her that refused to let one drop of water touch her. This would be the perfect place, she thought. The cedar was enough away from civilization and knew that the tree would protect her from hunters or other threats that may come upon her.

"You must be Elora," A voice called from behind her. The voice was different than the deep sounds of the forest, instead, it was a kaleidoscope of notes and rang through the air. "It's nice to finally meet you." Elora spun around, her hands raised in defense. The cedars pulsed around her, sensing the danger.

A handful of yards away, Alice Cullen stood with a rigid back, a small smile turned her lips up. This was the same smile that was sent her way at the lunch table. "What are you doing here?" Elora raised her voice, trying to hide her evident fear.

"I saw you..." Alice trailed off, offering no more explanation or room to ask. "You are very powerful, yes?"

Elora shivered as she was met with black eyes. "If you know what I am, why are you here. Come to out me, come to end me?" Her voice quivered.

Alice let out a melodic laugh. "I am not one of those ghastly humans that hunt your species." She supplied.

It took a second, but all the evidence finally clicked. Her hands burst into flames, ready to strike. "Vampire." She growled.

Alice eyed the flames warily, "I am not here you hurt you, young one. You play a very important role in my family soon and my curiosity got the best of me."

"Stop spouting nonsense and leave before you see how strong I really am." Elora threatened, not to sure if she could actually protect herself without consequence. The trees swayed and rustled in warning, backing up her own threats.

Alice raised her hands in defeat. "Just like you have your magic to guide you, I know that you will soon see us in a better light." With one last look, the dark-haired vampire disappeared in a flash, leaving no evidence of her strange presence.

With the already lack of sleep and the possible threat of vampires looming over her head, Elora looked like a ghost as she walked protectively next to Bella. They were headed to biology and the witch was already on edge from the constant staring from the Cullen's. Elora worried for Bella's safety when Edward Cullen returned from his spontaneous trip out of town. Sitting so close to a vampire was incredibly dangerous and was an accident waiting to happen.

Elora dropped her books on the table and slouched in her chair behind Bella. Her head was pounding with a serious migraine and her body ached for energy that she was severely lacking. Ever since the incident with Alice in the forest, Elora had been running on three hours of sleep a night and multiple cups of coffee a day. Adding to the nightly protection of her own home, she added Bella's house to her agenda, not taking any possible risks.

Elora eyes the vampire as he strolled through the door, just in time for the bell to ring. He met her eyes, but quickly averted her gaze.

"Hello." He said with restraint evident. Bella looked up at him in surprise while Elora glared at the back of his head, ready to start a fight. "My name is Edward Cullen," he continued. "I didn't have a chance to introduce myself last week. You must be Bella Swan."

Elora continued to glare at him, her fists clenched. "Be careful, Cullen." She whispered, knowing only he would be able to hear her.

--

N.E

sorry guys, my life is a mess, i have no idea what i'm doing