28: Keys to the Past

Start from the beginning

"Banastre Tarleton was..." The small blonde's voice trailed off. "Geez how do I even describe him." She whispered to herself.

"Emily..." Natasha moved closer to her. "Who's Banastre Tarleton?"

"He was uh- he uh..." She couldn't continue. "Have you guys ever seen The Patriot?" Some people shook their head 'yes' and some 'no.' "Well I've seen it about a million times and-"

"Steve." Tony raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"Shut up." Steve half smiled.

Emily's bambi eyes shifted between her father and Tony before she continued. "And the bad guy in that movie is based off of him."

"I was gonna ask how do you know all this," Julia started, "But then I realized 'she's Captain America's daughter of course she knows everything there is to know about history."

"Mostly because she has to teach Cap what happened after 1950." Tony smirked.

"Haha funny." Steve said sarcastically.

"Banastre Tarleton?" Sean asked as flipped the pages. Emily nodded. Sean muttered his name serval times under his breath. "I found him!" He pointed at his picture.

"Isn't that Jenny?" Julia said as she pointed to a picture of someone who looked fairly similar to Jenny on the next page. Natasha's eye went from the floor to the book in a heartbeat. "That's Jenny."

"But it says John." Thor pointed to the name at the top of the page.

Bruce smiled. "Jenny's never been creative."

"If you're going to create a fake identity, Jenny, at least make your name not similar to yours." Nat laughed.

"Wait," Steve spoke up. "Jenny told me she never used her father's last name."

"It says here that she did go by John Tavington, but they found out she was Tarleton's daughter- or son as it says- and changed it."

"John Tavington was infected as a child by the smallpox virus." Bruce read from the book. "Until a British scientist, Noah Smitty, found a cure. However all records of the cure have been lost." His voice slowed down. "Whatever that scientist did to her, made her who she is now."

"What ever Smitty did made her eligible to sign up for the army." Steve said.

"What is it with people who can't sign up for the army becoming something that makes them eligible and then being pulled out of their time." Tony crossed his arms. Steve glanced at him. "What?" Tony said innocently.

Thor had a book open and a puzzled look on his face. "What is it father?" Torun asked as he looked at the pages in the book. It was a norse myth picture book flipped to a page titled Thor.

"Is this really how I look?" Thor pouted while pointing to a picture of a man with blonde hair riding a chariot. Torun shook his head in reassurance.

"But all of these facts still don't answer the question, why did Jenny leave!" Natasha raised her voice.

"Shh!" A couple of people shushed The Black Widow.

Torun looked like he had been just hit by a rock. "She wanted to impress her father. She wanted to live up to her father's name."

"But Jenny's not like him." Emily said. "Tarleton believed in total war and nothing else, killing everything that was in his way."

"It doesn't matter what he did, it's what she knows she has to live up to. She thinks she has to be a great ruler, she thinks she has to be her father."

"A mindless overpowering b-" Lucy started but was cut off by Emily.

"Hey." Emily said as a warning to watch Lucy's language.

"It says in this book that, Banastre Tarleton served under Lord Cornwallis. His brother was a member of Parliament and his father was the mayor of Liverpool, John Tarleton." Julia read.

"Oh that's just great. And isn't she from Liverpool?" Nate rolled his eyes sarcastically. Bruce, Nat, and Sean all shook their head 'yes.'

"That's a lot to live up to." Clint said.

"But Jenny does know that her father was a bad man, right?" Emily questioned.

After a long pause, Sean spoke up. "She will." He said.

-----------------------------------------------

"I have long feared that my sins

would return to visit me, and the

cost is more than I can bear."

~Benjamin Martin/ Mel Gibson

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Happy Mothers Day! Have you guys seen Civil War? I saw it yesterday and it was AWESOME. I really hope you guys get to see it if you haven't already done so.

The Quote above was stated in The Patriot by Mel Gibson who played Benjamin Martin. That character was based off of Francis Marion. The quote kinda fits with Jenny. All the mistakes she's made, she doesn't want them to come back, she doesn't want to face them.

Anyway I hope you guys are having an awesome day and keep having one. BYEEEEEEE!

P.S There is only two chapters and an Epilogue left in this story!