Homecoming (Welcome Back)

Start from the beginning

                  “I been puttin lil bit by lil bit in it. Def had to get an alarm system foe this bitch,” said Kantrell. “I’mma get it painted in a couple of weeks…then get the top done,”

                  We got inside the car, and pulled out the Church’s chicken parking lot. The engine was soundin like a beast, as it grumbled and you could hear the exhaust roarin. Kantrell turned up the sounds on his stereo, bumpin that Gucci Mane, as he rolled to my apartment. He pulled into the parkin spot, near my unit. “Hit me up, when you ready to hang out. We can go scrounge up some hoes an shit,”

                   I kicked out a laugh, then gave Kantrell daps. “Aight, man…I’ll catch up witchu, nigga. Be easy,”

                   Kantrell pulled out the parking spot and left. I looked over to building L, seein some hatin-ass niggas. I don’t even know who them niggas are, but they some bitch ass niggas- be waitin until some of these people leave and go to work, and then be breakin in folks apartments in here, stealin they shit. When they first built these apartments over here, they were doin credit checks out the wahzoo. But then I guess they changed management, and this new management just want the fuckin money. They let any fuckin body move in here…that’s where these niggas came in. Everybody knows it’s these niggas that be breakin in people’s apartments an shit, just people are too scared to say shit. They haven’t broken in my place yet, because A) I got a mutha fuckin dog, and B) I live next door to a cop. Funny, huh? I be puttin in work, and I live next door to a Po-po…but I didn’t get busted over here. I got ran up on, off Bankhead(which they now renamed Donald Lee Hollowell). I walked upstairs to my apartment and unlocked my door, as I heard my dog. I stepped inside, as Teja jumped up at me. I laughed, closing the door. “Down, girl!”

                   I rubbed on her neck, and scratched at her ears…it was obvious, that she was happy to see me. Teja was my boxer, about 5 years old, pure bred…I had papers and everything- AKC certified, and all that. My sister, Max, had done good by coming over and feeding Teja, taking her on walks, and bathroom breaks. I wouldda asked her to take Teja to moms, but I didn’t trust them niggas- they might’ve been watchin her…and Teja was trained enough to know not to shit in the house. I closed the windows, and turned on the A/C…it was hotter than a mutha fucka in the A today. I peeled out of the dirty ass t-shirt, and threw it in the trash. Fuck it, it aint like I don’t have a buttload of white tees. I also threw the khaki cargo shorts, my cap, my socks, and my draws in the trash too.

                   I hopped in the shower and washed up…it felt good, havin clean water, as opposed that crappy ass water they had down on Rice Street. I washed my hair, and stood there in the shower, makin sure that I had washed all the damn jail off of me. I then stepped out, and dried off, putting on powder and some deodorant. I reached in my dresser and put on some clean boxers, a pair of sweats, and a wifebeater. I lay on my bed- it felt so good to be at home, in my bed. I looked to my phone, which was charging. I then, stood up from my bed, and walked to my fridge, lookin inside. Damn…I was gonna need to buy some grocery. I looked at Teja’s food…she was runnin low too. She had a few cans of moist food left, and a third of her dry food.

                 I opened the doors on my TV stand and pulled out my laptop. I checked my Facebook…niggas been droppin me messages. I typed my status message…

                  BACK FROM VACATION ON RICE STREET.

                 I shut down my Facebook, and shut off my laptop, placing it back inside my TV stand, on top of my DVD player. I looked around in the kitchen. Of course no messy dishes, my dirty clothes in the utility closet were still there, but sis had took out my trash…that was cool of her. Teja barked, and then I heard the door turnin, like someone was comin in. It could only be one person, with a key to my place.