|one|

Rika stared out to the sand dunes.

Rey better not be doing anything reckless today. She thought. It was getting extremely hot out, and the other girl only took one bottle of water out the lats time she checked and might faint from dehydration if she didn't get back soon.

You worry too much. Rey had told her. Unaware of how alike she sounded to two very specific people Rika had long since buried in her mind.

Rika was just about to go out and look for the younger girl when a beeping sound made her freeze. A beeping sound she recognized, and knew. So well. She stayed in the same position until Rey came in and settled down, with a familiar ball of white and orange.

Rey, who was also unaware the millions of question whirling around Rika's mind then proudly introduced her to the droid called BB-8 and told Rika to watch it while she went out.

It was then that BB-8 recognized her. It started a round of frantic and happy beeps. You're alive! They said you were dead! I can't believe you're here--

"Rey!" She shouted. "What's wrong with this thing?" She tried not to notice how BB-8 slumped slightly at what she called him. She begged silently for forgiveness. "It keeps beeping for no reason!" Rika walked slowly away from the droid. Stay way. With tremendous effort, she pulled her face into one of disgust and fright, an expression that made BB-8 slump more.

I'm sorry little one, she tells him silently as Rey poked her head in.

"Rika, what? I didn't hear you. Something about BB-8?" Rey asked.

Rika shook her head, "Nothing, it just kept beeping. Probably got scared or something." She waved her hand at the younger girl dismissively. "Just make sure it doesn't beep in the middle of the night or something." She was aware of how cruel she sounded, but her little white lies were to protect herself. And Rey. And BB-8.

-----

It was only hours later when the guilt was starting to eat her alive, Rika tossed and turn, tormented by the questions.

Was he okay? Why was his droid here? Is the Resistance in trouble? Was--

A softly beeped sound interrupted her thoughts. Are you okay? Inside, her heart warmed, but outside, she rolled around and pretended that she didn't hear anything. Why are you like this? BB-8 asked her. Rika still didn't answer. How are you alive? They said you died in the explosion...

Rika gritted her teeth. "Leave me along. Whatever you are. I'm trying to sleep." She snaps at the droid.

He's captured. BB-8 beeps softly. By the First Order.

"That's not my problem." She replies. Almost trying to convince herself more than the droid. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care.

I have a map to Luke Skywalker. BB-8 beeps.

"What?" Rika shot up. Then realized her voice level. "What?" She stared unblinkingly at the droid. "The Luke Skywalker? Master Luke?"

Yes. BB-8 beeped with triumph of getting her attention. Sadly, Rika couldn't get any more information about the map because just then, Rey just had to wake up. They native Jakku girl sat up groggily and looked almost confused at the two of them sitting up. Then she grinned.

"You guys are getting along!" Rey exclaims, blissfully unaware of the curiosity raging in Rika. Rey then frowns. "You never told me that you could understand the droids! You always hated them." Ria pretended not to see how BB-8 again slumped. But somehow, she was brave enough to walk to the droid and ran a hand across it's dome. She was rewarded by BB-8 chirping happily while Rey gave even more appalled looks.

"Did you guys know each other before? Maybe you know where he came from!.. BB-8 said that it was classified..." Rey trailed off, Rika and BB-8 gave each other subtle looks of understanding.

"Okay, whatever, let's just sleep. I'm going scavenging with you tomorrow. None of us two is going to have enough energy if we don't sleep now. BB-8, try not to start blaring at my in my sleep." Rika then gave an exaggerated yawn to prove her point.

"Alright, alright." Rey rolled her eyes.

-----

For the first time in years, Rika woke up early to watch the sunrise. The sand dunes of Jakku gave a magnificent view of their sun. It was closer than she's ever seen it. Closer to the memories than she's ever been. The warmth closest to the security his arms always gave.

"Wake up," Someone shook her, instinct had her shooting up. Narrowly missing the person's chin, she pulled out a blaster, which she then flipped the person over then immobilized them with her weight and trained the pistol at their head. It was then that she recognized who it was. The familiar wavy brown hair and the chocolate brown eyes glimmered back at her mischievously.

Rika scowled. "I could've killed you." She snaps at him.

He grinned, "That was kind of hot, honey." Rika realized that she was straddling him. She rolled her eyes, then got off of him and let him up. He ducked and kissed her swiftly on the lips before she could hit him. "C'mon, I want to show you something." He then took her hand and took off towards the hills.

They ran through the woods for a few more minuets before they came to a clearing at the edge of a cliff. A red circle was slowly starting to make it's way up through and out of the ocean. "It's beautiful." Rika breathed.

"Just like you." He grins cheekily.

"Poe!" She groans.

"What?" He looks innocently back at her, his face never failed to melt her heart. Rika buried herself into his chest while he gently sat them down with her in his lap. Rika turned to watch the sunrise, basking in the warmth of his arms and the scent of him.

At that moment, she was blissfully happy. Nothing else mattered.

Rika woke with tears streaming down her face. She wiped them away hastily.

What am I going to do?

What do I want to do?

There wasn't a need for an answer. She knew in her heart that he'll always be the only one. Yet the conflict still raged inside her.

What do I need to do?