~Wake Up Call~

//The face I have chosen to play Blake is the ever lovely Cara Delevingne.//

Gravel crackles under me as I run up a narrow road people shooting at me from every direction, a bullet skims my right cheek. Shit! That was close. I finally come to a rusted Amity barn and take shelter.

How am I supposed to do my mission if everyone's trying to kill me?!

Blood trickles down my face mixing with sweat and dirt but I don't care as long as I'm still alive. I hold the precious brief case to my chest and calm my breathing.

"She went that way!" A man yells in the direction I just came from. Time to go. I get up and stay in a crouched position listening to boots thud on the other side of the barn's tin walls.

In a split second a bullet leaves a shinning hole in the metal and plunders through the side of my skull killing me instantly.

I shoot up gasping for air in my bed. Blankets are strewn across the floor as well as most of my pillows. I clench the black sheets and mentally face palm myself.

Just a dream, it was just a dream.

More thudding comes from my apartment door letting me know someone's waiting for me to open it...or not. I look at the time and it 8:12 a.m.

Great I'm late, which means that this can only be one person bothering me.

I fling my legs over the side of the bed and yawn stretching my arms out wide before I walk to the door and open it. "Why the hell-...you look terrible Blake." Lynn stands in my doorway stairing at my probably chaotic hair and smeared makeup I forgot to take off the night before.

"Did you come all this way just to tell me that?" I start to close the door but she prevents it from closing by jamming her boot in the crack at the last second. "No you dumbass, Max sent me here to come and wake you up since you are already a hour and  a half late to work."

I scratch my butt as I check my watch, "actually I'm only a hour and fifteen minutes late." Lynn roles her eyes annoyed. "Whatever just hurry up, I'm tired of being your alarm clock."

She removes her foot and I slam the door shut shaking some of the pictures on the walls. Uhhgg she's such a pain. But she's right, I need to hurry up I can't be late everyday. 

I quickly take a shower and do my makeup grabbing a muffin and my coffee on my way out of my apartment. Walking to my office I pass Four and smile at my long time friend as he gives me a already knowing look that I'm late so he doesn't say anything.

Max looks pissed when I walk past him glass walled office to my own. "Blake!!!" Great, now I have to deal with two asses today already. Before I walk in I wipe the muffin crumbs off my face and take a deep breath opening the door energetically.

"Hey Max! You look great this morning, are you on a diet?" He gives me a cold glair and motions for me to sit. Fine. I drop the act and plop down into the chair across from him playing with his wooden name plate.

"Blake, as one of the the top five ranking initiates in your division I expect you to at most be able to make it to your job on time without me sending someone to wake you up every other day." I sink lower into my seat and huff.

"Your right Sr. I apologize." He looks down at me and rolls his eyes.

Maybe if I just kiss his ass he'll let me off the hook?

"Ok Blake, one more chance that's all you get, but if you're late again, I'll make you be one of the training instructors for this year's initiates." I gasp and grab the arms of the chair. "What?!" Is all I can say.

"No if's, and's, or but's about it we need another instructor and since your most qualified and available your the best choice." So he's just assuming I'll sleep late again?! I'll show him. I cross my arms over my chest just as the door fly's open. "Here are the new initiates and there information." Eric walks over to Max and hands him a stack of perfectly crisp papers. "Thanks Eric."

He looks at me and raises an eyebrow as if I'm supposed to do something. "What?" Is all I say a little bit to aggressively.

He scowls at me and gives his attention back to Max. "Ok Eric just keep it on file for now and we'll look at it further later, both of you get out of my office." I get up quickly almost making it out the office before Max yells one more thing at me.  "One more chance Blake that's all!!!"

Piss off Max there's no way I'm being a instructor for an entire initiation. Eric bumps into my shoulder making me stumble slightly. "Whats your problem?!"

He doesn't even turn around to answer. "You are."  What?! What does that even mean?! Lynn passes me with a snide smirk on her face making me want to punch her so bad.

Just another day in Dauntless isn't it.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey guys, so I deleted my last story because I felt like it was going nowhere and I really didn't like the way I wrote it so I decided to start a new one!

Please tell me what you think of it so far and like if you want.