~Run for Your Life~

It's almost dinner time as I sit at my desk doing the majority of Max's work which mainly includes reading dauntless budgets, letters from other factions, and the damn Amity yelling about how much land the Dauntless compound is sitting on and how we should resign a portion of it to them to farm or what ever.

Stupid hippies.

I push back my hair from my face and lock my fingers together on the back of my head and just sit like this for several minutes before I'm interrupted.

"You know even tho you're important and all, you still have to eat every now and then." Four stands at my offices door way scolding my like a child. "Uhhgg whatever Four, I don't really have an appetite right now." "Really, you're always hungry, there's no way that you would pass up Dauntless cake."

I finally look up at him and smirk at his awkward lankyness. "What?" He looks dumbfounded. "Nothing, let's go get some food." I grab my leather jacket and slip it over my black tank top on my way out just in case I got cold.

In the cafeteria everyone's alive and buzzing but energy that no ones immune from, once you enter its doors you instantly feel lighter. Even the new initiates seem at home in there corner away from everyone else.

Wow there's a lot this year.

At my usual table most of my group has already made it through half of their meal and is talking about some crazy topic. "There's no way! Even if you trained day and night, you couldn't eat that much!" Will shouts over the table at Uriah. "Oh yeah? Well I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong then won't I?!" Tris steps in now, "Ok guys there's no reason to get worked up about this I'm sure both of you can fight about this later."

Four gives Tris a peck on the cheek as he sits down and you can see a blush come over her cheeks. She's so adorable its not fair. "Fine." Zeke and Will say in unison.

I pick up a hotdog from the center of the table and place it on my plate with a scoop at mashed potatoes my appetite finally coming to me.

"Hey Blake we all were going to go over to Zekes place tonight and play some video games, you wanna come?" Uriah asks me smiling his dazzling smile and who can say no to that? "Can't wait." I return his smile.

Suddenly cups begin clanking against the tables and people start cheering as Max stands on the balcony over looking the cafeteria along with the other leader, Eric.

I really hope someone pushes him over the railing.

Max holds up his hand for silence and it comes almost instantly. "Initiates. Stand." A hesitant shuffle is herd in the room as the initiates stand.

"You have chosen to join the warrior faction tasked with the defense of this city and all its inhabitants. We believe in ordinary acts of bravery and the courage that raises one person to stand up for another. Respect that. Do us proud."

The speech I wrote floods the room with pride of everything Dauntless stands for, leaving one wishing to become part of something so amazing.

More cheering and clapping engulf the room as the new initiates are raised into the air and passed around the room, crowd surfing from one person to the next reminding me of my own time as an initiate. I wasn't in the the same group of initiates as Four but I was with Tris, Will, Al, Chris, and Uriah luckily they were there to keep me sane.

Wait no I'm pretty sure they're the reason I have some of my current mental issues.

After a while we exit the cafeteria and start walking to Zeke's place laughing and yelling causing loud echoes to ripple through the stone halls. People passing by us stair at Chris as she clings to Will's back like a Kuala bear making giddy-up noices.

I wounder what the people in the control room are thinking if they can see us on there surveillance cameras ha-ha.

Everyone's laying on someone in Zekes apartment because its too small for so many bodies but its alright because we make it work. It's almost midnight and were still playing Halo, Call of Duty, and assassin's creed while sipping on sodas and beers.

Why do I feel like somethings wrong?

I look around and everything's fine, no ones hurt or even frowning.

What the heck mind, leave me alone.

I look at the TV again and see Zekes alarm clock sitting next to the flat screen and then it clicks.

Holly shit!!!! It's almost midnight and I'm still awake!

I abruptly got up throwing Shanna's leg's off my lap and start fast walking to the door. "Sorry guys but I have to go, I really can't be late to work again!" I zoom out the door as my friends call there goodbye's after me knowing how ridiculous I am.

Uhhh how could I of not remembered?! Don't freak out you've gone to bed way later and managed to get up on time. Well I wasn't half drunk on beer then now was I?!

I'm walking too fast and thinking too much to halt as I turn a corner and run right into a figure sending papers flying and fall flat on my butt. I hiss in pain and rub my soar bottom as I look up to find Eric.

Great, twice today I've literally ran into him.

"What the hell Blake?!" He spits at me angrily. "What? You're the one that ran into me!" I say annoyed.

Lie, it was probably my fault but who needs to know that?

His eyebrows shoot up in disbelief. "Exuse you, I am the leader around here so you will treat me so, alright?!" I roll my eyes and start picking up papers off the floor and stacking them back together.

"Here Mr. Leader you dropped these when you ran me over." I hand Eric the papers and walk past him my butt throbbing from the fall.

That's gonna leave a bruise.

A hand grabs my upper arm and spins me around giving me whiplash. I'm met by Erics hard stair sending shivers down my back. "I don't give a damn if I'm only your superior by a year you will respect me got it?" His grip on my arm tightns during the last part making me flinch. "Got it." I sat through gritted teethe.

He releases me and turns on his heal sharply disappearing down another hallway. I stand there waiting for a minute or two then decide I have enough time to run, "Screw you!" I yell it as loud as I can down the corridor at Eric, then start sprinting for my life back to my apartment.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm really having fun writing this fan fiction hope it's entertaining for you too!!

I wounder if Eric will catch her or if he even heard her? We'll find out!

Comment or like please!!!