Chapter Sixteen

Annie's POV:

A bright, yellow light was shining in my eyes. It felt like it was frying my eyeballs out of my head. I shifted my head down so I could see the rest of my body and avoid the blinding light. My hands were in some sort of cuff, Why? I could feel an unexplainable rage coursing through my veins. I whipped my arms forward as hard as I could, breaking the cuffs.

 I sat up on the metal bed that I had awoken on. Where the hell was I? Better yet, who the hell was I?

I observed my surroundings. I was in an odd room with strange things in every corner. I noticed there were three other people in the room with me. They all stood by the door, staring at me.

One had a white lab coat and circular glasses, he looked astonished. Another was a female, she was wearing some sort of red and black jumpsuit as well as holding a camera. The last person in the room looked oddly like a clown. His face was ghostly pale and his lips were a shade of red velvet. A devilish grin took shape on his face.

“Perfect” he said.

Then the female lowered the camera and the little red light on it went out. Something didn’t feel right…No, nothing felt right.

“Why am I here? Who are you? What did you do to me?” I asked accusingly.

The one dressed like a clown steadily approached me. He began to speak.

“You were kidnapped.”

His voice was entrancing. It felt like cool air conditioning on a hot summer day, it was the most amazing thing I had ever heard. It relieved all my anger, thoughts and worries.

I knew I could trust this man.

“You kidnapped me?” I asked, waiting to hear his voice again.

“No, my dear child. The man dressed like a bat kidnapped you. He tortured you and we came to rescue you.”

My savior.

“Who are you?” I asked, letting myself stare into his wonderful green eyes.

“Well let’s just say you can call me, Uncle Joker.” He said bringing my ears to heaven with each word he spoke.

“Who are they?” I asked

The female stepped forward. “You can call me Harley, Harley Quinn.”

For some reason this introduction earned her a glare from ‘Uncle Joker’.

“And who’s that?” I asked, referring to the tall man in the lab coat.

“Oh that? That’s just Strange, he’ll be leaving now.” Joker said shooting the tall man a glare.

‘Strange’ looked bewildered. “What about your end of the deal?” he hollered.

Uncle Joker just gave him an unamused look. Then a massive man with rippling muscles entered the room. He was also dressed as a clown but he looked different from Joker.

“Do you need someone to escort you out, Doctor?” Joker asked, a grin characterizing his face.

‘Dr. Strange’ then abruptly left the room. I still had so many questions.

Joker held his hand out towards me. I took it and jumped of the table.

Joker tilted his head in confusion.

He slung my hand away and examined his. “I don’t understand…it should have worked” he mumbled.

There was some sort of silver device in his hand.