Chapter 4

Stiles's POV

"Isaac doesn't want me to get my magic," I said trying to wriggle free. "so he brought me here and tied me up!" Just then Isaac pulled out the duct tape. "Really?" I shouted and Scott pulled it out of his hands.

"Isaac?" Scott said, still not clear on what was going on. "Wait... You can get your magic back?"

"Not his magic," said Isaac calmly as if I wasn't even there. "Some old witchy tree still has power in it. If he finds it... He gets to be a witch."

"You mean warlock..." Corrected Scott.

"I mean natures little bitch. Whatever term you use is fine." Said Isaac but Scott didn't find it funny.

"He doesn't want me to have them." I said still trying to untie the knots tying my hands together. "He thinks it would be a mistake."

"It might be.." Said Scott and Isaac gave me an I-told-you-so look. "But it might not be." As he said that Isaac looked at him in disbelief so he explained. "I never wanted to be a werewolf, and now that I am I don't know if I would trade it. I can protect people, I can help them. Before I couldn't."

"Yeah but this is different okay, we're fine, and how do you know Nicole's not lying?" Said Isaac, loud like he had in the library.

"How do you know she's a fairy?" Scott said.

"Because I saw her wings." Isaac replied.

"I think it's my choice!" I said standing up, I'd finally got the rope undone.

"I think Stiles's right, Isaac. It's his choice." Isaac looked stubbornly at Scott, then to me.

"So you want to be some "warlock" some supernatural creature like us? You want to deal with weaknesses and poisons that only affect us." He said angry now, I could see it in his eyes and his voice got louder. "You want to hurt people you care about, and keep never ending secrets from who again? Oh that's right. Everyone. When all you want to do is tell someone, anyone. You want that? Fine, go get it, I won't stop you." He said and stepped back still angry. I looked at him, then to Scott who stared at me wondering what I was going to do next, what I was going to say next. I opened the door to leave and I heard Isaac's voice behind me. "Don't say I didn't warn you." I walked outside and shut the door.

"Nicole!" I shouted to her from across the school hallway. She turned and walked over to me.

"What," she said knowing what I wanted. Information. "make it quick I have to get to science."

"There's still things you haven't told me. Like how you get stronger when I'm around?" I said quickly.

"I'll tell you later okay!" She snapped. "This isn't really something you talk about in school." With that she turned and walked away.

Isaacs POV

I walked into science, and sat behind Nicole. I sat there for fifteen minutes while the teacher talked and then finally whispered something. "Why are you here?" I said quietly so nobody could here.

"Because I want to be! Because this is my hometown and the only reason I left was to run. Now I don't have to run." She said quickly, but quietly

"Well everything was normal before you came." I snapped at her. She turned around in her desk and glared at me.

"Normal? You call werewolves, an alpha pack, the leader of an alpha pack, and some leader of an alpha pack normal?" She said, I was surprised to see she kept her voice down. "I came here to find that evil Druid thing okay! So-"

"Miss Waters," said the teacher and Nicole snapped back around in her desk. "Can you tell me what we were just talking about in class?"

"You were talking," said Nicole confidently and also angry. "about how I didn't notice, that you noticed I was talking." The teacher looked at her, with an expression that said she'd made her mad.

"At least you were listening." Snapped the teacher. "Now pay attention." Nicole nodded. I was impressed, she'd managed to talk during class and be a smart ass about it and get away with it. Not many people can do that. Just then the bell rang, and the teacher shouted something about the homework, but no one listened.