Chapter 6: Conspiring

Arthur groggily looked around to find that he was in a tent. Merlin, was the one word that popped to mind. "God damn you Merlin, why is it you only have to say a chant and I fall asleep. Not fair." Arthur mumbled as he rolled over and walked out the tent and into the druid camp. Merlin was sitting on a wooden log with Gaius, Gwen, the knights of Camelot and Larcean, and Ophelia. All of them ere talking amongst them self, hovering over a map. 

As Arthur approached he could hear Merlin talked as he pointed to the map. "If we take our best and fastest dragons and their riders, we could distract Draegan's men as a group of us sneak in through here, release all we can, and take down Draegan, we would out number him, his fighters are no match for that, magic or not." Merlin stated and Ophelia pipped up. "Mer, even if that was true, who would be stupid enough to go on that fools mission, we need another way." She stated simply. "What do you suggest?" Merlin stated in aggravation.

"Why don't we walk through the front doors?" She asked and Merlin stared at her in scared shock. "Even if that was possible, which it isn't with the wall guards, it would be near impossible to get through the lower town, into the citadel, then get through the castle, to the throne room without Draegan leaving." He stated and the group started arguing. 

Getting fed up, Arthur spoke up. "Shut up. Why don't we do this. One of us, either Merlin or I, turns ourself in. Draegan would want a public execution, while that's going on, we all sneak in under disguise, save whoever is about to be executed and shoot the king along with all his men." Arthur stated and everyone looked at him, mouths agape. "That's far to dan-" Ophelia started.

"Brilliant. That's perfect, and it just might work. One of us would mean celebration, the guards would be unprepared, and wouldn't do their jobs fully, we can sneak in, take out the wall guards and take their place, then the dragons can fly in from over the ridge, Draegan would be so grossly outnumbered. He would have to either surrender or send his men to their deaths, and I don't think they would follow that order." Merlin congratulated and Arthur grinned then his grin faltered. 

"Which one of us?" He asked and then a voice spoke up. "Me, I'll go. He absolutely hates me now, even if it isn't an execution it will most certainly be a flogging. Meaning, it will be public so that everyone knows that not even the Princess can betray the King and get away with it." Joetta stated and Arthur nodded as Merlin shook his head. 

"No. Absolutely not, what if something goes wrong." He points out. "You would rather endanger a King's life than a princess's life?" She asked and he shook his head. "I would rather endanger my life than someone else's." He stated and she stared at him with kindness in her eye's. "You are very noble, but this is my choice." The Princess stated and Merlin stared into her eye's, feeling a knot form in his stomach but didn't know what it meant. 

"I don't like it." He stated and she grinned. "You don't have to, you just have to be able to save me on time." She stated and Merlin sighed. "Saving people is all I do, I will be there." He stated and she smiled. "Great, I am gonna look around camp, it's my possible last day if you don't do your job. Join me?" She asked and Merlin nodded. "Sure." He stated and Joetta nodded and walked towards the middle of the camp. 

Merlin was about to follow when Arthur grabbed his arm. "Don't be an idiot and she'll love you. Oh and, you knock me out again, I'll kill you." He sated and Merlin grinned. "Whatever you say, Milord." He stated and jogged over to the waiting Princess.