Pressing Your Luck, Part 1

"Well, it's our anniversary. What do you want to watch?" Nathan asked as he opened the cabinet underneath the television. "And no, there's absolutely no way you're Notebook-ing me tonight." He glanced back at me, his signature half-smirk playing on his lips.

I sighed dramatically, although I hadn't really felt like watching that movie anyway. "Only because it's our six-month anniversary, Nathan Scott. What would you like to watch?"

"Wow, you're letting me choose?" He returned to where I was sitting on the couch and leaned in to kiss me. "It must be a special occasion, then." I swatted his shoulder before pulling away.

"Alright, well if you don't pick something soon, I'm gonna choose for you."

Nathan cupped my face with his hands and said, "That's fine. I have a feeling we won't be watching much of it anyway."

He smirked again as my face heated up. Although he didn't know it, the chuckle that escaped his lips was one of the most seductive sounds I'd ever heard. Although Nathan and I have been together for six months, we haven't gone very far when it comes to sex. I've never voiced my concerns to him, but it's mostly because I'm pretty insecure in my body and how I look. But you can't really blame me; Nathan's basically perfect, and I don't want to let him down. So I've just never taken my shirt off in front of him, but I think he's starting to notice.

"Hey, relax," Nathan's words cut through my reverie. He must have sensed my slight discomfort, probably thinking it was because of what he had said. "We don't have to do anything. I was just playing." He placed his hand on my knee and kissed me cheek before popping in whatever movie was on top and pressing play. He sauntered back over to the couch and dropped down beside me, slinging his arm over the back of the couch around my shoulders.

We had barely watched the opening credits before I could feel Nathan's breath on my neck, soon followed by his lips. He was kissing a hot trail up the side of my neck and down my jaw, finally capturing my mouth. My hands flew to his cheeks, brushing his cheekbones with my thumbs before sliding my fingers into his hair. He kissed me harder, and I could feel his hands travel from my hair down my sides and stop at the hem of my shirt, his fingertips brushing the exposed skin where the shirt had ridden up slightly. Before I could control my reaction, I froze, and he noticed.

"Are you okay? What's been going on with you lately?" Nathan's voice was slightly annoyed, but I could hear the concern that was evident in his question.

I sighed, sitting up to look him in the eyes. "Nathan, I know we haven't been dating that long. And I know you're more experienced than me when it comes to... this kind of thing. And you've been really patient and I appreciate that so, so much," I quickly added, "but there's a reason why we haven't been moving faster than we have been." He looked at me expectantly, raising his eyebrows in that cute way that he does. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I'm not comfortable with my body, okay? That's why I freeze up when you try to take my shirt off and why I always stop before things get too... heated, I guess." I'm struggling even talking about sex, and he knows it. He smiled and brushed my cheek with the backs of his knuckles.

"You know you could have just told me that, right?" he said, all annoyance gone from his voice, leaving only concern and care in his words.

"I didn't really know how to. I mean, look at you," I said, waving my hands in the general direction of his face and abdominal area. "Your body is perfect, and I felt... I don't know, selfish, because I get to look at and touch your body, but you don't get to do the same."

"Well, if I wanted to touch my body, I could..." he trailed off, and I slapped his chest.

"Nathan! You know that's not what I meant!" His words made my cheeks burn, but a laugh escaped my lips anyway.