Chapter 4

One thing I have understood  about rumors is that, ninety nine percent of them are a lie. However tough it might be to discover the true Jason, I will do it. Last day, when Jason was bearing with me while teaching me Calculus, I understood one thing. Jason is a good person. He explained things to me a numerous times, because I couldn't understand it. He didn't frown even once. It's hard for me to believe that, but he really didn't. After teaching me, I tried to take out things from him.
"So player, I heard rumors about you." I start.
He looks up at me with those eyes which can make a girl fall for him, but not me, although I was a little doubtful about that.
"First of all, I am not a player and second of all, I don't care about what people think of me." he says casually.
"But you came to my house after sleeping with Connor's girlfriend. So I just want to know...... out of curiosity." I say. I need a little more details before I start writing my article.
His eyes don't leave mine, but I remove my gaze from his to the floor.
"Do you believe in it? Do you believe in the fact that I sleep with girls?" he asks, anger quite prevalent in his words.
I hesitate a little before answering, "Honestly, no. I really don't know if you sleep with girls or not, but you won't cheat on someone. You are better than that, I hope. But you risked 3 months of your football practice. That's what's bothering me."
He exhales loudly and then says, "I'm glad I got suspended. I wasn't interested in soccer anyways. But enough about Me."
"So after years of treating me like a nobody, we are finally talking. I am glad about that." I say.
"Whatever." He scoffs; building up his walls again, and leaves without another word.
I smile at him as he leaves and he gives me frown, probably having the opinion that I am mad. But, in reality, I like teasing him. So, once he left the smile stayed on my face.

Currently, I am trying to sleep, but giving up, I start to write my new article for the next week. I know Jason is good, just a little mysterious and arrogant. He is very secretive and doesn't trust people fast. So, I have to gain his trust first and then we can become friends. I don't know why, but it's what my heart is telling me to do.

RUMORS
What is so special about it? I think except for the fact that it spreads faster than fire, I don't get it. People, rather than focusing on their own lives, focus on someone else's life. A person's life comes to open and the next thing we see is that person has become the topic of gossip amongst all the groups prevalent in society. The person knows that the rumor spread is not true, but how many people are going to buy that?

So today, here is a story of a teenage boy studying in a school like ours. As many know, school life is a place where your reputation is the most important aspect of life. If you are in the bad books of teachers, you are popular among the student body. However, if you are interested in your future and study to make your dream come true, you are considered as a Nerd. This boy is a part of both the groups. He is a good student, but to maintain his reputation (among girls especially) he acts all tough and bold. Recently, there was a 'fake' rumor spread about him that he slept with his best friend's girlfriend. But it isn't only the guy's fault. The girl must have agreed. Apparently, he went to her house. This totally means that the girl agreed. Why put all the blame on the guy? The girl is equally at fault. The boy might be a flirt, but that doesn't prove if he is a player. And why would he cheat on his best friend? Okay, ex-best friend. Since they had a fight a few years ago and they haven't spoken since. However bad a person is, if he was his best friend at one point of time, then he wouldn't do this. I am a thousand percent sure.
Knowing the guy, he will probably tell others that the rumor is true, but it ACTUALLY isn't. He agrees to it and gets a punishment for it; do you think this affects him? Of course it does. But he acts care free and oblivious to all the things happening around him.
But this article is not written to give you an idea of how this boy is. It has been written to tell YOU that these things are better kept to yourselves, until and unless you are hundred percent sure because you never know when a person can use the rumors against you. You aren't the person involved, but since you spread the rumor, you indirectly are involved in this .Also, don't you have a life to look up to. Why get involved in something we can't change? This boy is probably going to murder me, for posting this article, but I need to tell you this. 'Don't add spark to other people's problematic life, just because yours needs a little bit of entertainment'

Thank you.
Sandra Grampon.

I read through the lines again, looking for grammatical errors, but I fortunately find none. This is an unedited version and before giving it up, I have to get an approval from Karan.
He likes the topics of my articles, but tells me that my writing becomes a little haywire in between. I am working on that, though.
Happy with what I have written, I glance at the clock. It is four-thirty in the morning and there is still no trace of sleep in my eyes. Oh God! This means only one thing.

"So George Washington was a man of great importance in the American Revolution-----" Mr.Jejjerman reads out. This is the one and a half hour torture I have to face after a sleepless night. I am drifting off to sleep in between, but Cameron is managing to keep me awake.
"What has happened to you? You never sleep during classes." Cameron sounded concerned.
"Don't worry. I stayed up the night, writing my article. That's why I am feeling sleepy." I assure her.
She nods and gets back to paying attention in class, while I just keep my head down.
"Ms.Grampon!", I hear my voice being called out by Mr.Jejjerman. I look up and see my teacher directly staring at me, along with the entire class.
"If you aren't feeling well, do you want to go to the infirmary?" he asks, seeming genuinely concerned. I reconsider his offer and come to the decision of going. It would be the best way of bunking and sleeping class.
I collect my book and walk up to his desk. He writes a letter and signs it, giving me permission to go to the infirmary.

I take a stroll in the corridor, looking as confident as ever. Since teachers trust me, they don't know that I am currently bunking and not going to the infirmary. So when I wish them, they smile and pass. I go to the one place where all students go to, when they don't want to be seen by the teachers; the school orchard. It is the best place to sit and relax. I usually take a book and read, sitting under the shadow of a tree. As I entered, I was greeted with a mild breeze and in it travelled the chitter-chatter of the people sitting there. I sat under tree, ignoring the others present around me. I open the book I am currently reading 'Frostfire' by Amanda Hocking. It's an amazing book and you should read it as well, especially all those who like fantasy stories. It's as addictive as Twilight.
Getting lost in the book, I didn't realize someone sit beside me, until that person tapped on my book and I put it down to find my ultimate crush Rohn.
"Hi! Sorry I was indulged in the book." I apologize, keeping my book aside and looking into his eyes.
"You are always indulged in books, either text books or story books. It's like your life." he says, flashing his smile which always manages to woo me.
"It's not like that even. Anyways, Can you read my article for the next week issue and tell me how it is?" I reach for my bag, looking for the paper in which I had penned it down.
"Yeah sure, why not?" he agrees.
I hand him the paper and explain my basic idea to him.
"See basically I thought of a new idea. Previously I was writing about adolescence problems, but it was from my point of view. I thought, if people come to me with their problems, I can write for them and showcase their problems."
"Sandra this is the reason why I like you so much. You are so good in everything you do. This is great." He says, looking directly at me and I just smile, trying to hide my blush.
"Thank you." I say while tucking a strand of hair behind my ears.
"But whom is this actually about?" he asks suddenly as if he was pondering over it for a while.
"Uh... Actually it is supposed to be an anonymous person." I answer with some trepidation.
"Anyways, I wanted to actually ask you something." He looks a little nervous.
"Yeah?" I say, a little confused since he never loses his confident charm in front of anybody.
"Is everything alright Rohn?" I ask, since he doesn't answer.
But then instantly he blurts out, "Will you go on a date with me?"
This takes me off guard, but when his eyes fall on mine, I could see sincerity. My heart is doing the happy dance inside and my rib cage is trying to control it. I look at him, my eyes shutting as I answer, after finally finding my voice. "Yes. Okay. Cool."
He gives me a quick hug. "This was more difficult than saying a public speech." He muttered and I laughed at his nervousness.
"Okay. So meet you on Friday. 6:00. I'll pick you up."
"Yah! Okay. See you." I say quickly.
"Okay. Bye!"
"Bye!"