Chapter one

Moving house isn't the easiest thing to do, especially when you've just turned 18. But sometimes, it's the best solution to lead your path, accomplish your dreams and carry on doing what you like doing.

So that's why today, on the 6th of September I am moving from my little country that is Belgium to a much bigger one: England.

I hear the whistle of the stationmaster. I've been sitting in the train for about 10 minutes already. I don't like long goodbyes, so as soon as I arrived at the station and saw there were only a couple of minutes left before the train to London left, I quickly said goodbye to my family and got on the train. I knew they were still on the platform because my Mum would have never left the station without being sure I was gone.

And I was now gone. Off to a new life. A life where I would be able to make my passion my work and share it with more people. And that was making me super excited.

I grab my vlogging camera and start filming, making sure to keep my voice down so that the other people on the train can't hear me.

'I am off to England everyone ! I haven't vlogged since I left my house, because I didn't want to vlog the goodbyes to my family, I kind of wanted to keep that between us. But anyway, now I am off to England. I haven't told you guys where I will live yet but now I am: I have rented a flat in London! I'm so excited about it because it's something I have wanted to do since I was 12 maybe? And now it is finally happening! I am so thankful that I can make my dream come true. AND with all of you guys too. I started my channel because I wanted to share my interests and passions with people. I never imagined that I would get so many people to subscribe to my channel. Like 900,000 subscribers? That's crazy. So thank you guys so much for making this possible! I'm now going to edit a video which will be up on Friday. I'll get back to you when I arrive in London!'

***

The train stops. I've arrived. I am here. My excitement levels just get higher and higher. I need to calm down but I just can't, I feel like I could break into a dance in the middle of the station. Instead, I take my camera out of my bag and decide to carry on vlogging, even though I hate vlogging in public.

'I am here! I've just arrived in London! Oh my god! I think I am going to stop by a café and get something to eat because I am STARVING and then I am going to my new flat. I am getting the keys in around two hours. This is so exciting! I'll show you around guys when I get to the flat.'

I somehow manage to get out of the huge station and find a restaurant not too far away; where I decide to stop for an hour. The waiter takes my order whilst I check my social media and send a few texts to my family.

'You're not English, are you?' A voice asks behind me.

I turn around to face a good-looking boy. I am amazed by how hot he looks. What's the word Zoe Sugg used in her book? Rock-God-tastic. That's the word.

'You're right. I'm not. But it doesn't sound like you are either.' I answer.

Mr stranger smiles and brushes his hair away from his face with his hand. 'I'm not. I'm just... visiting the country.'

He reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it. He's in that popular band that has toured with One Direction, I'm pretty sure he is.

The waiter comes back with my order so I turn back around. A few minutes into demolishing my food, Mr Rock-God-tastic leaves. I can't help it, I NEED to find out his name.

I Google "That one band that toured with 1D" and find some results. I go through them and finally find his name: Calum Hood.

***

I stayed in the restaurant for around an hour and then jumped in a taxi to get to my flat, where I collected the keys. I struggled a little bit to find the flat, because I had only given the street name to the taxi driver, but in the end I found it. The flat was situated in Mayfair, on the first floor of the building, which isn't far from Green Park and Green Park station.
It's also only 12 minutes away from my management, Gleam, office.

As soon as I get in the flat I fall in love. It is huge considering I am staying here by myself. It consists of two huge bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, a big kitchen and a separate store room. And since the flat is furnished, I only need to buy a few bits and pieces.

I decide to do an empty flat tour for my vlog so I can get settled. It feels so weird to be alone discovering my new place but it doesn't stop me from getting excited as I pick up my vlog camera.

'Oh my God guys, this flat is absolutely amazing. I am in love! It feels so big because I'm by myself, but it's also how I imagined it would be. I thought you guys would like to see what it looks like so I am going to do an empty flat tour. As you can see, I haven't even taken my coat off. I'm just too excited to share this with you!'

I walked to the front door and started the tour. Making comments on what is going where and how I am planning it all. As you walk from the front door you get straight in the living room which is right next to an open plan kitchen. Then there is an empty room for storage in the back of the kitchen. The room next to the living room is the main bedroom with one of the bathrooms. And in the opposite direction, if you follow the small corridor you get to the second bathroom halfway and the second bedroom.

'As you can see the walls in every room are plain white, but I'm planning to paint them once I'm settled in here. I'm so excited to start my new life here! I am going to unpack and go do some food shopping before getting to Gleam's office where I should be meeting my manager Grace! I'll update you guys when I get there!'

I put down my camera and stare at my living room for a minute. I feel like I'm home and it's the best feeling ever.