Part 4

'Patrick...', Kevin whispered. 'Don't run away like this..let's go back to my room..look, I'm sorry if i said something that hurt you. I never meant to ', Kevin looked genuinely worried.

Patrick felt tears coming out of his eyes. 'Don't you fucking cry', he urged himself. Not infront of him. No..He wasn't going to go back to his room. For what? Kevin was probably feeling sorry for the way Patrick had humiliated himself a few minutes ago and he probably wanted to make him feel better...but no..Patrick wasn't up for that. He didn't want his pity. Kevin made it very clear that Patrick was wrong. Kevin didn't come to see him today so Patrick would stop his wedding. Patrick had jumped to this stupid conclusion all by himself.

'No. It's ok. I think it will be better if I'll go now.', Patrick said as he was still looking for the elevator to arrive. He couldn't look at Kevin. What was taking this fucking elevator so long to come to this fucking floor. He couldn't get out of there faster.

As he was waiting nervously, he felt Kevin's warm and sweaty hand touching his hand and pulling him away to follow him.

Patrick looked at their joined hands. God, just the feeling of his hand made Patrick's heart tremble. And then their eyes met and...fuck..suddenly Patrick couldn't care less about humiliation .Kevin wanted him to stay. He physically pulled him back to his room.. And that was just...wow.

'You are not leaving like this...come with me..', Kevin said, not giving him a real choice to run away.

Patrick felt hypnotized by his words and just followed him . It was almost like Kevin had cast a spell on him and he couldn't object...even if he wanted to.

As they walked into the room, Kevin finally let go of Patrick's hand and put him gently on the edge of his bed. Patrick was still shocked by all of the things that were going on and didn't move.

'Patrick? Are you ok?', Kevin asked quietly.

'What?', Patrick was lost in his own thoughts.

'Here. Drink this. .', Kevin gave him a glass of water.

Patrick looked up at him. 'Thank you.', he said weakly.

Kevin then sat beside him on the edge of his bed. He looked down and was thinking about what he should say.

They both were quiet for a minute, caught up in their thoughts.

'I left Liam in MY bed tonight to come here and to maybe convince my Ex boyfriend to not go through with his marriage . Oh god, I'm such an awful person', Patrick suddenly said while he was looking down at his hands,quietly, almost like he was talking to himself, like he wasn't even aware that Kevin was right there listening to every single word.

'You're not an awful person, Patrick..', Kevin whispered. 'Fuck...Sometimes I wish you were...', Kevin said and stared at the ceiling.

'I honestly thought you came to San Francisco for me...I am such a fool.. Thinking you still care about me that way..'

Kevin didn't say anything.

'Fuck..This day has been so weird...seeing you again is so fucking confusing ,Kevin. I got used to the Idea that you were history and i will never see you again and now you show up out of nowhere all engaged and.. ' Patrick continued. He kept saying all of the things that were on his mind without any filters. He just couldn't care anymore. he already felt way too humiliated anyway.
'I'm so fucking tired...i just want to sleep.', Patrick said as he closed his eyes.

'Then sleep..', Kevin said and layed down on the bed himself, pointing at the empty space beside him.

Patrick looked at Kevin and then on the empty space next to him like it was the most important thing in the whole world. He knew he should say no..the both of them on the same bed together...what a bad idea, right? But..his stupid little heart wanted to do it. He wanted to just lay down next to Kevin and forget about everything and everyone. After a moment of hesitation, he lay down on his side, facing Kevin.