《Six》

Emmett-

The second her brother left, Evie quickly excused herself and rushed off into our kitchen.

"What the hell did he say to her?" I angrily growled, my head snapping to Edward for answers as Evie burst into tears in the other room.

"I don't know," Edward shrugged. "I couldn't read any of his thoughts.

"That's odd," Alice added. "I couldn't see anything about him either," she explained. "I didn't even see him coming."

As her sobs suddenly grew louder, I flashed into the kitchen and gathered Evie in to my arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "What did he say to you?

But she didn't answer me. 

I felt completely helpless as she continued to sob against my chest, drenching my shirt with her tears.  What had he done to her, I wondered. What had he said?

Glancing down at the counter, I noticed a plane ticket sitting there. It was a one way ticket from Anchorage to New Orleans and it was dated for today. Suddenly, I wasn't sure if I was angry, or dissapointed.

"I just-- I need to go back to my cabin for a bit," she sniffed as she finally looked up at me. "Ok?"

I nodded my head but I was not happy. I wanted to talk. I wanted her to tell me what this was all about. I wanted answers.

"Tell Alice I'm really sorry, ok?"

I nodded again and released her from my grip, telling myself that if she loved me, she would leave the ticket. A moment later, I heard her start up the ATV. My heart sunk as I realized she had taken the plane ticket with her and I slowly made my way back out by my family. I knew they'd heard everything so I flopped down on the couch and settled my arms over my chest. Hopefully my stance looked intimidating enough that nobody would ask me any questions.

"I'm not in the mood, Alice," I warned, letting out a slight growl in annoyance as she sat down next to me.

"I know," she began cautiously, "but there's something we need to tell you."

An angry glare had settled on my face, and immediately she began wringing her hands.

"I know you're going to be angry at first," she said, "but, as you know, it's been ten years since we stood against the Volturi with all our friends."

"O-kay," I frowned as I failed to see where she was going with this.

"So we invited everyone here for a big celebration," Edward chimed in.

"What?" I challenged through clenched teeth as I roughly ran my fingers through my hair. "Are you all insane? Did anybody even stop to consider how this might be a problem?" I angrily asked. By now I was standing and practically screaming at everyone.

"Don't you think you're being a bit over dramatic, Emmett?" Bella asked.

"If you call being concerned for my human girlfriend's safety over dramatic-- then yes. I guess I am."

"You're just going to have to tell her the truth a little sooner, son," Carlisle informed me.

"She already suspects something anyways," Edward added.

Closing my eyes, I pinched the bridge of my nose before answering. Deep down, I knew they were right. I had been reckless one too many times with my vampire strength and speed for Evie not to have noticed.

"Ok," I sighed as I finally gave in. To be completely honest, it would be nice to see some of my old friends again. "I'm going to go check on Evie," I informed them as I headed towards the door.

"Emmett?" Alice called after me. "There's on more thing we should tell you," she said.

I turned around to face her.

"Our friends will be here by tomorrow."

***
I trudge through the snow to Evie's little cabin. If she hadn't already left, I was sure she would leave once she heard what I had to tell her.

"Oh, hey Evie," I mock played my speech out loud. "I just thought you should know I'm a blood sucking vampire and so is my whole family. Oh! And if that wasn't enough, there will be 18 other vampires here tomorrow as well."

Yeah, I thought as I rolled my eyes, this is going to go over great.

With my vampire speed, I had walked the distance to her cabin in no time, but found myself pacing back and forth outside, unsure of what I was really going to say to her.

Suddenly the door to Evie's cabin flew open.

"Would you get in here all ready?" she laughed. "If you keep pacing like that, you're going to create a canyon outside my door."

I smiled at her momentarily before stomping through the snow to her door. Trying the best I could, I brushed the snow off my pants and took off my snow covered boots before furthering into her home.

"Please," I whispered, stalking forward and taking her into my arms. "Tell me you're not leaving,"

"What?" she chuckled nervously as she pulled back from my embrace. "What are you talking about?" she asked.

"The plane ticket, from your brother," I answered. "It was dated for today."

"Is that what you were so worried about?" she asked as she walked over to the coffee table and grabbed the ticket, waving it around in the air.

"I just-- I thought, maybe you would--"

"Don't worry," she interrupted me as she walked over to the fireplace. "I'm never going back there," she said before throwing the ticket into the fire.

I couldn't help but sigh in relief at the sight of the ticket going up in flames. I flashed over to her, not bothering to hide my vampire speed and smiled as her breath hitched in her throat. Lifting her up to my own height, I captured her lips in a passionate kiss.

I growled slightly at the pleasurable throbbing and incredibly shrinking space in my pants. God, I wanted nothing more than to rip our clothes off and make love to this woman, but I knew we needed to talk first. She deserved to know the truth about me.

"What's wrong?" Evie asked with pleading eyes as she looked up at me from where I had sat her down on the couch.

The couch groaned as I sat down next to her. "There's something I really need to tell you," I said grabbing both of her hands in mine.

This was it, there would be no turning back afterwards.

"I'm a vampire."