Living Without Him

Yuu stared at Mika and Airi, tears in his eyes. Tears, the one thing that he had always been doing, every single thing ended up in his tears. He hated crying, hadnt he cried enough? He cried when he lost his first family then his second and now-

"Mika." He called as he wheeled himself closer to him. "It's a joke right? Please tell me it's all a joke."

"Yuu-chan." Mika tried his hardest fighting back the tears.

Yuu took Mika's hands and formed a smile. "Come on Mika, stop all this nonsense and let's go home." Mika watched Yuu, he felt his heart slowly breaking. But there was nothing he could do, all this was because he cared for Yuu, he didn't want anything bad happening to him. "Mika." Yuu called him again waiting for an answer.
"I'm sorry Yuu-chan." Mika said. Yuu understood, he understood perfectly. Mika wasn't joking, this was real, his Mika was leaving him. Forever. He didn't know what to do next, so instead he fell to his knees and cried out loudly. His friends ran to his side and tried to comfort him.

Mika wanted to do so too, he wanted to run to Yuu's side and take him in his arms. He wanted to carry him back home and hold him all through the night, but he couldn't, he just couldn't and it hit him hard.

"Mika." Airi called, holding his cheek and making him look her way. "Let's go Mika, to your new home."

Home? No place could ever be called home, not without Yuu-chan.

"Here we are." Airi said as she stepped down from the chopper with Mika closely behind her. "This is where we'll be staying, until we're officially married then we'll find a place of our own." She giggled and turned to him. He didn't look the slightest bit concerned, he was too busy deep in thoughts and probably drowning in sorrow. "Mikaela?" She called him.

"Airi-sama." A young maid walked up to her and bowed. "Welcome back, milady, Claude told us about what happened." The maid turned her eyes over to the strange gentleman beside Airi. "Is this our new master?"

"Yes Hibiki." Airi said, she took Mika's hands and pulled him close. "This is Mikaela Tepes, my future husband. Mikaela, this is Hibiki, my personal maid."

Hibiki stared at the blonde, not only did he seem uninterested in them, he also looked very sad. Hibiki turned back to her mistress who on the other hand had a big grin on her face. She could already tell that the vampire didn't want any part of this, he was probably forced into it.

Hibiki loved Airi and saw her as her little sister, and like any other big sister, she wouldn't want to see Airi hurt. Marrying someone who didn't love her was going to bring nothing but sadness to Airi, she knew, and she didn't want to see Airi unhappy.

"Mistress, are you quite certain that you wish to marry this young man?" She asked.

"And what kind of a question is that?" Airi sparked at her. "I've been singing how much I love him for the past-"

"But you only met him that day." Hibiki interrupted. "It probably is your teenage girl phase."

"Hibiki how dare you?" Airi yelled at her. "I love Mikaela and we are going to become man and wife, this isn't any phase."

"But the young man doesn't look interested in you at all." Hibiki stated. Airi turned to Mika who still refused to even look at her. She already knew that Mikaela didn't like her, she didn't want anyone throwing it in her face. "I'm only saying this because I care mistress, you shouldn't force someone into marriage when that person doesn't love you. It's only going to bring you heartache and-"

"Shut up you bitch." Claude reached out and grabbed Hibiki's hair, pulling at it. Hibiki winced in pain, holding on to Claude's hands. "You should know your limit, you're an ordinary house maid, what do you know about love? The princess is going to marry the vampire and that's that, it doesn't matter if he loves her back."